Ad Blockers

Joshua Farrell

Nov 17, 2019
For those who have advertising on their forums or sites, can you tell when someone is using an adblocker, compared to how much you are earning? And if you had to take a guess, how much of your pageview count do you think is through an ad blocker, thus preventing earnings from the ads?

Tealk

Community Member
Feb 23, 2020
I think I wouldn't even open the browser without the ad-block.

I think if you are good with analytics tools you could read that.

But I also don't embed ads in my web pages. A text with links to wishlists or similar is the maximum what I expect from my users.
Of course I make less money with it, but privacy is more important to me than the income.

jyy

Community Member
Sep 26, 2019
People don't like ads, to be honest. In that case, I'd rather just avoid ads and have some classified section to make money. Well, the strategy behind one of them involves people paying for placement and/or bumped placement. Who has seen that? Were you impressed?

AE12Pr

Community Member
May 21, 2020
Why do you think so? I personally have been using chrome since I can remember and I have no problem.
Especially after I installed AdGuard about which I found out due to the article about adblockers chrome, in general, I have no problem. At first, I also read comments on the internet that it is not worth using chrome but I did not believe and I did well that I did not believe in all of this.
I think that before making such comments you have to analyze that not everyone has the same situation.
Maybe others have problems with chrome for other reasons like computer, windows or etc.