Official Advertising of Webmaster and Promotion Communities

s3_gunzel

That's Numberwang!
Nov 20, 2019
aspergers.network
Hi Members,

It is the aim of Forumer.io management to be as transparent as possible with our members; we feel that the way to create a proper community is to do things as open as we can.

To this end, we're today announcing that Promotion and Webmaster Communities will not be allowed to be advertised at Forumer.io.

If we allow members to create a promotion community and then advertise it here, the only thing that will happen is that you'd only get the same members and never really 'break out' from the reliance on advertising your community here. Since I've been on staff, we've tried to come up with ways to make Forumer a different website. This isn't a promotion community, necessarily, it's a place to come, and to learn. We don't want to over-emphasize the advertising section on our website, nor do we want people to come here with the sole intention of advertising their website here. We fear that, if we allow promotion communities, we would only get posts in our advertising section in the long-term, and that's not what we want.

We will continue to verify webmasters with webmaster forums and promotion forums that meet the criteria as outlined in our verification program, and we will allow you to link to your website in your profile.

TL;DR:

1. The advertising of promotion/webmaster communities is, with immediate effect, disallowed on Forumer.io
  2. Members will be able to post a link in their profile ONLY, to their website.
  3. Forumer will continue to verify members that own a webmaster/promotion forum if it meets the guidelines as set out in that program.
  4. Current websites that are primarily promotion based in our showcase will be removed.

If you've got any questions, please reply here and myself or @Thomasss will be able to provide more information.

Cardinal

Nov 16, 2019
We don't want to over-emphasize the advertising section on our website, nor do we want people to come here with the sole intention of advertising their website here. We fear that, if we allow promotion communities, we would only get posts in our advertising section in the long-term, and that's not what we want.
Cheers to that! This might seem a tad harsh in the long run, but I do agree with the reasoning behind the new rule! Thank you for not making us a promotion forum! :p

• 1👍
  • 1Nyan Cool
Reactions: Katos and Thomasss

PoliceChief

Nov 30, 2019
Love this idea. We're not a promotion forum and personally, would not want to see any promotion forums or other webmaster forums - we joined Forumer.io for a reason. Similar to The Admin Zone's agreement, works for them!

• 1👍
  • 1♥
Reactions: Thomasss and Katos

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I don’t see why promotion forums are not allowed, honestly. I don’t see it being a detriment to Forumer by having them advertised.

The reason stated doesn’t bear any problems on the site, but meh.

s3_gunzel

That's Numberwang!
Nov 20, 2019
aspergers.network
The reason stated doesn’t bear any problems on the site, but meh.
It can.

In my personal experience, promotion boards offer nothing new and tend to close quite quickly; by disallowing them, we both save the staff the workload of removing the sites from the showcase when they close, and we save ourselves the trouble of high-turnover sites.

Forumer is about learning, not promotion. It’s about sharing ideas not sharing seven hundred links to your website. It’s about being unique, not being the seven millionth promotion community to copy that one from 2007.

Our position is that there are sufficient other websites to advertise such a site. If you are joining a site with the sole intention of advertising your site on it, you’re far less likely to be devoted to staying and building it up. That’s not traffic we want to encourage.

Last edited:
  • 1🧡
Reactions: Thomasss