"Ask Me Anything" Threads?

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
Many forums nowadays have AMA Threads, or "Ask Me Anything" Threads, or a version of it. DO you believe these are fun and beneficial to the communities? Do you allow posts in such threads to count against a members post count?

Alexander

May 10, 2020
By all means, I allow Ask Me Threads although my discussion board has a separate section where members should post these kinds of posts. Users posting count will increase if they choose to reply or post any topics in the Ask Me Threads Forum as I consider them to be of "low quality". Same rule applies for Forum Games.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I don't see a big benefit to them in all honesty. I feel like you can get to know someone from participating in actual discussion on the forum rather than having it in one single thread which can often go off topic anyway.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
I won't have them on my forum. Unless if there is a huge demand for them but I doubt there will be since mine is a sports forum. I agree that they are usually low quality posts but if you don't care about that and just care about the post count then its ok for your forum.