Best host?

Chel

Jul 7, 2020
www.discussiontime.tk
I need to move my mybb board to a new host as the free host I'm currently on forces an hour of shutdown a day. Plus their contracts are 3 years long for paid.

Any suggestions for a good host?

Requirements;

Preferably free with choice to upgrade cheaply.
Paid should be month by month contract, or at worst 6-12 months.
Cheap/affordable.
Easy to install mybb on.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
I need to move my mybb board to a new host as the free host I'm currently on forces an hour of shutdown a day. Plus their contracts are 3 years long for paid.

Any suggestions for a good host?

Requirements;

Cheap/affordable.
Easy to install mybb on.
Hi Chel,

I might have an option for you. I’ll PM you soon! :)

Last edited:

Nabix

StackBB Founder
Jul 28, 2020
www.stackbb.com
Check out hostus.us

I've been with them for almost 10 years. I've never used their shared hosting as I've only used VPS and Dedi now.

s3_gunzel

That's Numberwang!
Nov 20, 2019
aspergers.network
Cheap/affordable.
Easy to install mybb on.
Just so we're clear and for anyone else who may stumble upon this thread:

Hosting is generally paid monthly - some hosts have the option to pay yearly. Domains, adversely, are generally yearly (and in some cases, .au domains for example, every two years). Many reputable hosts have softaculous or a similar auto installer, which will allow you to one-click MyBB. Any host worth their salt will also allow you to install a free SSL cert from within the web hosting panel. It is strongly recommendable that you do install an SSL certificate, as this will assist your SEO.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
They force shut down for one hour a day? That's brutal but I guess thats what happens when using free things.

Nabix

StackBB Founder
Jul 28, 2020
www.stackbb.com
100% agree. I've literally never heard of a host doing forced shutdowns. It's industry standard that you offer 99.99% uptime. Even the worst reseller offer that lmao

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
The entire premise that people accept this because "It's a free host" perplexes me. I wouldn't accept that.
No kidding. I wouldn't accept that either. Those kind of things would make me run away from those types of services. It's much better going for a paid host.