Color schemes

Lord Saru

Community Member
May 6, 2020
I recently had a conversation with one of my friend regarding dark styles and color schemes. The crux of the discussion was that I find dark styles very discomforting mainly because no sites I have visited actually uses a good color scheme thats easy on the eyes.

This conversation finally ended up in some color schemes we thought might be really good.

1. White and blue
2. Black and white
3. White and red
4. Ochre/cream and white
5. Dark green and white

What other color schemes do you find comforting? Whats the most disturbing one?

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
creatorswave.com
I don't mind dark themes at their core, but they're usually overused or poorly made - and, they usually don't match the type of forum that they're used on!

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
We have a dark theme? Then, I am off xD
We do! It’s quite nice - I use it sometimes at night and for the most part, everything is the same from our light theme plus/minus color differences. Just switch your theme in the footer and you’re all set. ❤

Pipsi

Mar 9, 2020
Have to agree, never really take dark themes seriously and after this thread I made the switch and don't think I will be going back!
I too am liking the dark theme. Now you just need a switch to toggle back and forth!

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
I usually prefer dark themes but I don't mind the light ones if they are made well. Dark themes can be hard on the eyes sometimes too when your trying to read messages in the threads. The text font/colour would have to be a bit lighter on a dark theme to make it look nicer.