.Com or .net?

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
Just a thought that you already probably already thought of this. How bout adding a .com or a .net domain to this forum? It might help drive even more traffic to the forum and make it easier in search engines :)

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io

You'll note that one's taken. Not sure about .net, although, really, nowadays, TLDs don't interfere with SEO so much.
That's true. There's so many to choose from nowadays that the old 'classic' ones aren't as important.

I did a quick check though and the 'net' TLD is a premium one and is going for over $1000 so unless @Thomasss fancies spending that much on just a TLD I don't think there'll be a change away from the 'io' ccTLD.

To be honest, I like it, Forumer has a pretty decent domain that is relatively different compared to most other webmaster forums out there.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
I did a quick check though and the 'net' TLD is a premium one and is going for over $1000 so unless @Thomasss fancies spending that much on just a TLD I don't think there'll be a change away from the 'io' ccTLD.
I’d rather donate that much to a charity or to you guys! (I’m still not even that rich! Haha. )

I secured the .org domain but that’s it.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
That's true. There's so many to choose from nowadays that the old 'classic' ones aren't as important.

To be honest, I like it, Forumer has a pretty decent domain that is relatively different compared to most other webmaster forums out there.
That's a lot of money for sure for a domain! I would rather use that money on forum posting lol.
The current domain is no problem at all just thought it might be easier for some if there were also a .com or .net domain.
No worries :)

Nabix

StackBB Founder
Jul 28, 2020
www.stackbb.com
No worries. Now days it about content and brand engagement. Having a .com is great, but, its about the content you can build from the domain you have rather than focusing solely on a TLD.