Community Drama

Paanda

Community Member
Jul 5, 2020
Has some sort of drama or 'incident' happened on your forum that cause another member or multiple members to leave your forum and start their own as a way of protesting or creating a community with different approaches than your own?

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
I actually had this happen once - someone made a forum that was an apparent copy of my forum with a different name. At the time I had a theme that was publicly available for all to have so this person even had the same design. It ended up lasting a month as the only things posted was negative content about my forum. The member eventually came back and pretended it never happened. :p

Chel

Jul 7, 2020
www.discussiontime.tk
Has some sort of drama or 'incident' happened on your forum that cause another member or multiple members to leave your forum and start their own as a way of protesting or creating a community with different approaches than your own?
Yep.

A group of members got mad that I, as admin, sometimes looked up emails of accounts to check they weren't spammers. So they left and made their own board.

Another user claimed she was being bullied (she wasn't) and got her friend to pretend to be a lawyer on the service provider's support forum. The fake lawyer demanded the forum be shut down.

Wasn't soon after that my forum got shut down. No warning and the shut down message does not specify why. She created her own forum after that. It was so bad that when I tried to recreate the forum on the same service provider they shut that one down to even though it barely had any posts.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I’ve never had a forum that has had problems on it with members but I’ve been a part of a few forums that have had drama but I’ve always been disconnected from it all so I’ve not had much exposure to the drama which is nice but also makes you feel like you’re missing out on gossip.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
Yep.

A group of members got mad that I, as admin, sometimes looked up emails of accounts to check they weren't spammers. So they left and made their own board.

Another user claimed she was being bullied (she wasn't) and got her friend to pretend to be a lawyer on the service provider's support forum. The fake lawyer demanded the forum be shut down.

Wasn't soon after that my forum got shut down. No warning and the shut down message does not specify why. She created her own forum after that. It was so bad that when I tried to recreate the forum on the same service provider they shut that one down to even though it barely had any posts.
That sounds like it was one major headache! I don't know why people try to cause trouble like that sometimes. Especially when their claim is not true. It's just a forum after all.

Chel

Jul 7, 2020
www.discussiontime.tk
That sounds like it was one major headache! I don't know why people try to cause trouble like that sometimes. Especially when their claim is not true. It's just a forum after all.
Majorly so. Lost so many members due to the forced move and having no way to contact them. That and all my work that went into the forum was down the drain.