Coronavirus Scare

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
What does everyone think about the Coronavirus scare going around the world at the moment? Do you believe it's going to be the next "epidemic" and ruin country economies?

Near where I live, a Costco had a line out the door, and around the building, with people wanting to stock up on things. Take a look at the video: Chaos at Costco: shoppers clean out Las Vegas Valley stores in fears of coronavirus

What do you think about all of this? Are you preparing for the apocalypse?

PoliceChief

Nov 30, 2019
The flu is worse. :p The only reason this is big is how quickly this has spread, and the fact that it hit the one country that supplies the majority of the United States with, well...everything.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
The flu is worse. :p The only reason this is big is how quickly this has spread, and the fact that it hit the one country that supplies the majority of the United States with, well...everything.
The flu isn't "worse" - they're both equally bad. At least we know more about the flu than we do the coronavirus, I think that is why most people are panicking. :p

jyy

Sep 26, 2019
Regarding the US, travel from Europe banned now - and also NBA season postponed!

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
We have a presumptive case in our town here, the state just declared state of emergency. 😬 Everything has been shutdown, lines at the shopping centers basically tripled now that we have the presumptive case and a confirmed one in a town over. It’s all insanity and I just want damn tissues for my allergies.

Joshua Farrell

Nov 17, 2019
As of this week, I am not working at the kitchen I have been with for the past 4 years, due to number restrictions in the state of Utah, because of the request of the governor for religious buildings, and the corporation running the cafeteria deciding to not serve, because of restrictions set by the organization that owns the building.

I think it is still a big scare, but I can't believe that I have to temporarily not work, just because the business wants to make sure no one at work gets sick, because of unknown carriers of the virus interacting at the food line.

Cameron.

Community Member
Nov 18, 2019
forumpromotion.net
As of today, the number of confirmed cases in Tennessee is 98. There's been around 10 new cases each day for the last week. We also got our first confirmed case in my county today. It's crazy how quickly the numbers have rose.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
Las Vegas looks like a damn ghost town. It’s almost surreal.

The sherrifs department is going around enforcing the “non essential” business lockdown, they’re giving citations and revoking business licenses at the moment - I have to have a letter from my employer in my car mentioning I am essential so I can move about. 😂