Creating a forum posting service

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I was wondering what people's thoughts were on creating a service where people could go onto a website and request posts to be made (package service) and purchasing a package deal. So not a forum, but just a website dedicated to providing forum posts.

In fact, I guess you could go one further than that and perhaps create plugins or add-ons where a user can request posts and the posts are then automatically created over a set period of time?

As always, I'd love to make a project but I'm hesitant to actually build anything straight away. Would anyone want to collaborate on this?

I'm just spitballing ideas at this stage, but it's a fun concept to think about.

• 1👍
Reactions: Dan

Dan

Community Member
Sep 26, 2019
I believe this has been done before if I'm not mistaken. It's not a horrible idea but you'll have to build up a decent reputation for quality posts in order for folks to be interested. I do think the idea of having a website that offers a posting service is a good idea as I do believe there is a demand to a certain degree.

What you'll want to try to do is make sure you have a way to keep people coming back and try to have multiple folks delivering on each service request and not just the same person over and over again, at least as an option. Some people may want the same person to come back every time they request more posts.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
I was wondering what people's thoughts were on creating a service where people could go onto a website and request posts to be made (package service) and purchasing a package deal. So not a forum, but just a website dedicated to providing forum posts.

In fact, I guess you could go one further than that and perhaps create plugins or add-ons where a user can request posts and the posts are then automatically created over a set period of time?

As always, I'd love to make a project but I'm hesitant to actually build anything straight away. Would anyone want to collaborate on this?

I'm just spitballing ideas at this stage, but it's a fun concept to think about.
This is a good idea. I say you should go for it :) I've seen some other sites that offer same things they are pretty expensive though. Maybe you should start on Fiverr if you've heard of Fiverr? It's a freelance site where people offer their services for just about anything.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
The only problem is that it’ll take time to make. I’m curious if anyone would want to join in and help, although in the first instance I can’t imagine there would be a huge amount of demand for it.

I’m going to go though ideas and plan an approach. I might repurpose my current forum and reuse the domain.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
The only problem is that it’ll take time to make. I’m curious if anyone would want to join in and help, although in the first instance I can’t imagine there would be a huge amount of demand for it.

I’m going to go though ideas and plan an approach. I might repurpose my current forum and reuse the domain.
I would be interested in being one of the staff that makes posts on forums from your site.

s3_gunzel

That's Numberwang!
Nov 20, 2019
aspergers.network
I mean no offence to either of you, but I loathe this idea. More than I can possibly put into words.

As I've said repeatedly, a package service is an excuse to post generic content. When you pay for a service, you expect a certain level of work to be put into what is conducted. I can't see this happening here, at least, not after you scale up.

Recipe for disappointment, IMHO. That's why people don't try this sort of thing.