Dark Designs

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
I have noticed that the sites that are mostly in gaming and the other off topic niche, tend to prefer the dark designs. However not every forum feels good in dark mode and dark designs. The reason being some niche has forums where you have to put on content in theme which are white. And also sites that immediately want to sell something tend to avoid dark themes.

Do you think dark designs are meant for every niche?

meetdilip

Community Member
Dec 17, 2019
A dark theme for Windows is available, so is for Linux, Android and iOS. So let us assume that everyone likes dark theme if they are crafted properly.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
Though there must be some sort of limits or priority for the dark theme. I have seen people using it in only places where they have vision related issues and not for casual purpose.

meetdilip

Community Member
Dec 17, 2019
I like when they are an option. It is not easy to craft an eye-friendly dark theme. If they are not, I need an option to go back.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
Yes they definitely need to be an option. Because during some places or scenarios where light is an issue, that's where the dark designs definitely become more useful too.

meetdilip

Community Member
Dec 17, 2019
Dark is good when you have to stare a lot to your screen. But I have seen black themes with bright elements with bad contrast. That is not good.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
Yes in some places where the light is the issue. You can't have things glared in white. And in such case we can control the blue light emission with the dark mode. I think that's one reason there are softwares like Flux too.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I like it when Dark Modes are available when it's night time as it does help your eyes adjust to the darkness I find, although during the day I stick to 'Light Modes' for the same reason. It helps my eyes focus on the content properly.