Desktop or laptop?

Keran

Community Member
Nov 25, 2019
Desktops are cheaper to build and more powerful and that makes them the preferred choice for gaming. But on the other side, laptops are easy to carry around when you are traveling. Which one do you prefer and why?

Personally, I'm sticking to desktops as I'm playing a lot of video games and need more powerful GPU & CPU to run those smoothly. And also, I rarely travel so that advantage of the laptop wouldn't be in use to me.

Picard

Community Member
Nov 7, 2019
I prefer a laptop set up as I am on the move quite a bit. I use a MacBook Pro at home and at work with a dual monitor set up. I also have an older gaming laptop for some of the games I play (RuneScape, STO, Elder Scrolls, etc.). If I needed a heavier set up, I would definitely go with a desktop to meet my needs.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
I think laptops can be cheaper too if you think about non graphic card and the low CPU spec. I think in such context some of the time it all depends on how much powerful CPU and the graphics card that often increase the amount of the specifications.

Jake

Ariana Stan
Dec 4, 2019
As a student, I'm always on a laptop. I currently have a MacBook Pro and I absolutely love it. I'm always on-the-go, whether it be in the library or at home. At home, I have a monitor where I can plug-in my laptop to be able to have two screens running at one time. They both have their differences.

Mace

Jul 30, 2019
I use a 15" MacBook Pro ('17) for work and normal use. Both at home and at work, I have a dual monitor setup. I do have a desktop as well, but I highly prefer using my MacBook for basically anything but gaming, mostly due to the fact that I can take it anywhere and sit anywhere I'd like (and I prefer OSX over Windows).

I do use my desktop for gaming purposes, however, but I definitely don't game as much as I used to.

PoliceChief

Nov 30, 2019
I use the 15" MacBook Pro (2016) for some work and all of my personal use. I have a desktop gaming PC that I sometimes use for DVD burning and other big jobs that I need, but for the most part the desk becomes the space of clutter. That, and it's not a Mac, I prefer my MacBook over any Microsoft PC any day.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
At some point, If I can get enough work through the side jobs. I may consider investing into the Apple Macbook Pro and AIR both at the same time. I wish to own those two but it's been not so good side project income. But I guess each in it's due time. I personally prefer Windows 10 laptops from Lenovo for now.

Alexander

May 10, 2020
As I'm the move constantly, I definitely prefer using a Laptop over a Desktop. Even when I'm at home, I'm not restricted to where I access my Laptop due to the portability. Their weight is drastically lighter too and takes up less room, than a Desktop would.

DudeThatsErin

Community Member
Jun 14, 2020
erinskidds.website
It depends on what I am doing. If I am programming/developing, I use my desktop. If I am browsing the web, posting on Reddit/Forums then I can use a laptop or iPad. I don't own a laptop as I don't feel the use since I have an iPad but it functions as my laptop so I feel it applies. Anyway, it really depends on what I am doing.