Do you consider Discord Servers communities?

DudeThatsErin

Community Member
Jun 14, 2020
erinskidds.website
I do, especially since in most servers, there is at least 1 off-topic channel where you can chat in. There are some places, like on Facebook Groups, where off-topic chatting doesn't happen unless you message people privately.

I own 4 communities, though 1 isn't live yet, and they all have at least 3-4 separate channels for off-topic chat. One is all about communities of people who are 18+ (simply to keep out the immaturity of younger people) and it is just a community.

What about you? Do you use Discord? What do you think about it?

tankerkiller125

Security? What's that?
May 27, 2020
kilgore.dev
I prefer Forums, but at the same time the Flarum community has both our Forum and our Discord server (granted discord is more for staff than anything) and my SysAdmin forum also has a discord (it started on Discord). But I feel like Forums are a much better place when it comes to sharing knowledge and information because it's way more permanent than a discord chat.

Altair

Community Member
Jun 29, 2020
www.justaparadox.com
I prefer Forums, but at the same time the Flarum community has both our Forum and our Discord server (granted discord is more for staff than anything) and my SysAdmin forum also has a discord (it started on Discord). But I feel like Forums are a much better place when it comes to sharing knowledge and information because it's way more permanent than a discord chat.
Flarum is the next evolution of forum software. The quickness of navigating a different topic like discord and the ease of use. Yet it still has the same charm as forums.
I have hopped on the bandwagon for discord solely because that is where I feel people are migrating too. Discord is a disease though. As s3_gunzel it's poison.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
I don't really see the point of Discord. To me it seems as just another version of Slack or whatever.

I've never joined one. I don't see the point in them really.

• 1🍪
Reactions: Thomasss