Do you send users text messages?

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I've added a text message service to my web app and was wondering if anyone has added text messaging to their sites as well?

What do you use it for? How much does it cost you to use it? I'm curious to read other use cases.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
If it's for just a forum then I wouldn't do that or sign up to get those alerts if I was a member at a forum. It all depends what kind of business you have that will help you decide if you really need to send text alerts or not. I'm not sure how many people would be interested giving their phone number for that kind of thing. I even get annoyed sometimes if a business sends me too many email alerts.

• 1👍
Reactions: Azareal

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
If it's for just a forum then I wouldn't do that or sign up to get those alerts if I was a member at a forum. It all depends what kind of business you have that will help you decide if you really need to send text alerts or not. I'm not sure how many people would be interested giving their phone number for that kind of thing. I even get annoyed sometimes if a business sends me too many email alerts.
That's a fair comment I think. I wouldn't want to include my phone number on all the forums I visit because there's no need.

However I think it's a good thing on a service based website for alerts where they may be important though.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
That's a fair comment I think. I wouldn't want to include my phone number on all the forums I visit because there's no need.

However I think it's a good thing on a service based website for alerts where they may be important though.
Yea kind of like how our phones get alerts if there is a bad storm headed our way like my phone does. Maybe it could be something like that instead of sending a text.