DreamWeaver Editor Who is Still using it?

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
I remember the time when I learned Photoshop and Dreamweaver as a part of course. Flash was also pretty much in demand in those times. In past there were some of the editors but DreamWeaver was popular one which was in use a lot. And now after some time people started using CMS like WordPress, etc. And the need for the editors for the HTML editing was reduced, though people still used others like Sublime Text, Visual Studio Code and Notepad++. But dreamweaver being paid application, less people used it in last few years. I heard that it is still being sold too. 

Do you use or have used the dreamweaver in the past?

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
I used Dreamvweaver in past but I stoped when I started worked i Visual Studio.  It is very good tool for learning HTML and simple style methods and I would recomend it every programing beginner.

Sojourn

Sep 28, 2019
Dreamweaver is a good application for learning HTML for the first time learners to get a feel of things are.It is provided by Adobe. I still have a old Dreamweaver installer in my pc which haven't installed it anyhow.

Tioga

Sep 26, 2019
Oh gosh no, not now. Long time ago when I was just getting into designing stuff it was the thing. We accomplished much by means of it but there has been so many developments since. I didn't know they still had it out now. 

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
Then 10 years ago if you passed the course for Dreamveawer you could easy get a job in some smaller developer Company in Junior position. I should take that course. My friend did and he is on much better pay or position.

Mace

Jul 30, 2019
Then 10 years ago if you passed the course for Dreamveawer you could easy get a job in some smaller developer Company in Junior position. I should take that course. My friend did and he is on much better pay or position.
To be honest, I really don't think that's still the case. I don't know any company requiring a developer to work with Dreamweaver. You should just know whatever you need to know for the job. I've landed multiple developer jobs in the past couple of years just by having demonstrable experience (and I don't even have a degree). 

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
I've landed multiple developer jobs in the past couple of years just by having demonstrable experience (and I don't even have a degree). 
If you work for goverment they often ask a degree. I know several projects where some Company with a lot of experience didn't apply to job since they didn't have workers with some special degree. They all have knowledge and experience but they don't have official paper which will prove they knowledge.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
I remember a lot of my friends used that editor. And then other editors came along. I also remember Coffee CUP HTML editor being one of the known editor for those who were into purely HTML coding. I think eventually all popular and paid software dies down. Even adobe has some of such products.

Mace

Jul 30, 2019
If you work for goverment they often ask a degree. I know several projects where some Company with a lot of experience didn't apply to job since they didn't have workers with some special degree. They all have knowledge and experience but they don't have official paper which will prove they knowledge.
Then simply don't work for the government. :p

I've worked for several types of businesses (digital agencies, marketing agencies and currently for an international wholesale / production company) without said degree. In most cases, being able to show a solid portfolio (and thus knowledge) combined with x amount of years of experience is worth more than some piece of paper saying you completed a course. I honestly couldn't care less about someone's degree if I'd need to hire someone. I want to see actual projects you've worked on and I'd like you to be able to tell me why it was done the way it's done.

Don't get me wrong - it's nice to have a degree, but I disagree with the fact that only a degree proves knowledge. I've trained people that got their first dev jobs after graduating and they generally had way too little knowledge. It's all about the experience you gain while actually employed as a developer.

The place I currently work at also asked for a university degree. Didn't have one, applied anyway and got hired (and it's not the first time it happened like that). And it's not even a junior level job. I'm currently running the marketing department (I'm not only a developer).

Last edited:

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I stopped using Dreamweaver a long time ago. It was great in it's prime but now it's just a bit too clunky. It's better to use a proper IDE for coding, or if you want to drag and drop things about, use a plugin / add-on that has a visual editor instead as it tends to be more robust.