Even more groggy after a nap?

Xyphien

Community Member
Apr 28, 2020
Has anyone ever experienced this? I personally hate it, and it's the reason I shy away from naps (on top of losing valuable time I could have spent doing something more productive). I just got up from a nap and now it's hard to even think about what all I have been trying to accomplish today and everything feels groggy/blurry whenever I try to think about everything I have to do.

Fergal

Community Member
Apr 28, 2020
If you drink coffee, something that can help with that is to drink a cup of coffee before you take your nap. It takes about 20 minutes for the caffeine to kick in, so you can still sleep on your nap, but feel a little more awake when you wake up. Obviously it's not healthy to drink too much coffee and it is important to drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

Pipsi

Mar 9, 2020
If you drink coffee, something that can help with that is to drink a cup of coffee before you take your nap
I'm happy I am not the only one that does this. Usually, right before a nap, I drink something caffeinated (coke, black coffee, etc.) right before a nap and I wake up a tad more refreshed than usual.

• 1👍
Reactions: Fergal

SportsGuy

Aug 5, 2020
I am always groggy when I wake up from a nap or a full night of sleep. Maybe I will try that coffee suggestion before I nap.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
I try not to take naps I just go straight through until bed time even if I'm really tired. I think taking naps messes up with your body schedule at night so it makes it harder to get a full night sleep.