faff

Tagobs

Mar 31, 2020
faff is a great community, and I'd recommend everyone to ask for an invite! If you'd like one, you could get it from me ;)

• 1♥
Reactions: Puppuccino

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
There's a few people who are already members like @Tagobs - so if you're interested, send one of us a DM and we can send you an invitation! :D

s3_gunzel

Administrator of Broken Things
Nov 20, 2019
On the topic of it being custom coded - well done. You’re one of two people on this website - me being the other one who has the balls, if you can call it that, to do something unique and different. Power to you, wish you every success.

On the topic of the community being invite only - I hate it. I suppose this is because I have always loathed the idea of a community being invite only unless there’s a *legitimate purpose* for it to be invite only - and with yours, there isn’t. All your content is public. I don’t see why you’d make your site invite only when there are many ways around the spam issue that don’t necessarily result in you pigeonholing potential members.

• 1👍
Reactions: Thomasss

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
On the topic of it being custom coded - well done. You’re one of two people on this website - me being the other one who has the balls, if you can call it that, to do something unique and different. Power to you, wish you every success.

On the topic of the community being invite only - I hate it. I suppose this is because I have always loathed the idea of a community being invite only unless there’s a *legitimate purpose* for it to be invite only - and with yours, there isn’t. All your content is public. I don’t see why you’d make your site invite only when there are many ways around the spam issue that don’t necessarily result in you pigeonholing potential members.
At least you’re honest 😂

Lord Saru

Community Member
May 6, 2020
Faff is a beautifully designed website. Though I disagree with certain issues at FAFF, I implore everyone to go through their content and see what they have to offer.

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
Love the custom code, the design of your site is incredible. Can I ask what it’s built on? (Framework?)
As for the site, I actually agree with @s3_gunzel - there’s no reason to be invite only and in my humble opinion you’re likely doing more damage than you think.

Guests will stumble across your site, see that it’s invite only, and move on. You should be tackling the spam issue at its core, blacklist countries or IP ranges known for spam (you can easily find lists) put inHcapcha or similar, put in challenges, can post links until X posts, etc.

Best of luck with your site. I wish you every success!

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
Thanks, it’s something I do need to evaluate I think. It’s built using the Laravel framework (php).