faff

PoliceChief

Nov 30, 2019
I've been playing with the logo changing for a few minutes now, secretly addicting. Love the custom made software, might take a bit to re-configure my brain with the layout. Awesome overall!

• 1👍
Reactions: Katos

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
Thanks, activity has been very low for a week or so because I’ve been busy with other things but I’m keen to keep it going but it’s hard to get people interested.

Forums are just not active like they once were, that’s for sure.

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
Thanks, activity has been very low for a week or so because I’ve been busy with other things but I’m keen to keep it going but it’s hard to get people interested.

Forums are just not active like they once were, that’s for sure.
Keep at it, and keep your chin up.
Find a passion and drive for it. You'll get there ❤

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
I mean I’ve no interest in taking it down, I like having a project but it’s a shame to not see people come back. It’s only been a couple of months since launch though anyway.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
I think what you have is amazing, and I'm sure it'll start taking off soon! Keep at it. ;)

Pipsi

Mar 9, 2020
Loving the color scheme! It's nice to see some custom made softwares - how long did it take you to make it?

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
Loving the color scheme! It's nice to see some custom made softwares - how long did it take you to make it?
I’ve been slowly adding to it over time but I think the core build of it took maybe around 2 weeks, I think?

s3_gunzel

Administrator of Broken Things
Nov 20, 2019
Bump, please join! :D
Instead of needlessly bumping your thread, perhaps you’d indulge us with some updates you’ve done to your custom site, or some recent threads. Comes across a lot less spammy than “Bump, join my site”.

• 1♥
Reactions: Katos

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
Instead of needlessly bumping your thread, perhaps you’d indulge us with some updates you’ve done to your custom site, or some recent threads. Comes across a lot less spammy than “Bump, join my site”.
Honestly, I'd agree with this. I'd much prefer to see what's in the pipeline, hot topics, etc.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
😂

Honestly, I'd agree with this. I'd much prefer to see what's in the pipeline, hot topics, etc.
Same! What updates do you have in store for faff?
Sure. Well it's been pretty dead on the site for a few weeks now and has been hard to try and boost activity lately.

I've added new badges for peoples profiles, new post types like links and polls. I've also made some slight tweaks to various other posting bits like being able to bump posts with a click of a button and I also added a Dark Mode too.

Lots of new things, just hard to find ways to get people to join up. To be honest, the market is a bit broad but I'm trying.

I don't really have much money to put into the project, so trying to just build new features wherever I can.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
I saw your post before our upgrade caused some data loss, so I wanted to comment on the last part of your post (which asked what types of things we'd like to see implemented?)

I look at faff and see an amazing software but no...sense of community? It's very Tumblr style and while I love the design and custom side of things, there's nothing really explaining what faff is - you know?

Also, do coincide with my Tumblr thought - people want easy, they want to click on a link, post, and go. With all of your posts in a list style, there is no sense of organization, not even tags that separate topics. I could talk about Webmaster and have three topics below mine talking about three different things, nothing is separated. I do suggest going more towards how forums have their homepages - wether it be like Discourse or Flarum, or more traditional like Xenforo, etc. - I do think it would help attract and keep members. It's just....to "blog style" to compete with traditional forums.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
I appreciate what you’re saying and agree that there’s a lot there that gets missed because of the lack of categories. I need to figure out a way that works of putting hashtags or something else to split things up. It’s a hard balance though. I think faff would probably work better if on a single subject, it’s a bit too broad I guess.

• 1♥
Reactions: Thomasss