Finding Staff

Pipsi

Mar 9, 2020
How do you find staff for your forum - especially if you're new and you do not have any members? Do you prefer to hire within first? If you have no one from within applying, where do you go to find staff to join?

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
I’d check out other webmaster communities and see if anyone had any interest. Otherwise, I’d only hire from within if it was an option.

Empire

Community Member
Jun 1, 2020
I see who is very active on the site then look at what they are and who they. Get to know them if you haven't already then ask them to be part of the staff. If not and the site is small then look at other sites like webmaster communities. Expect some people to not last if they lost interests

Alexander

May 10, 2020
I would really search out on a few webmaster groups to see whether anybody was curious. Otherwise, I would only recruit inside if it was a possibility. In an ideal world, it's best if they were a member for a little while, instead of signing up and immediately joining the team, in my opinion.

Alexander

May 10, 2020
I agree with @Katos - always hire well known members from within the community. Hiring outside mainly attracts people just wanting moderator privileges.
Good point. However, what if your forum has just been recently launched? Do you feel it would be acceptable to perform moderation duties until a discussion board expands? Webmasters have no userbase when you've just established an online community.

tankerkiller125

Security? What's that?
May 27, 2020
kilgore.dev
Good point. However, what if your forum has just been recently launched? Do you feel it would be acceptable to perform moderation duties until a discussion board expands? Webmasters have no userbase when you've just established an online community.
If the webmaster foes into it thinking that they just want to be a webmaster and nothing else then their going into the Forum the wrong way. Part of the responsibilities of the Webmaster is to be the admin, moderator and community member. So yes, it's 100% fine for the webmaster to be the one handling all moderation until the forum expands. They just need to be mindful to moderate because of the rules and not because of personal opinions.

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
creatorswave.com
If the webmaster goes into it thinking that they just want to be a webmaster and nothing else then their going into the Forum the wrong way. Part of the responsibilities of the Webmaster is to be the admin, moderator and community member. So yes, it's 100% fine for the webmaster to be the one handling all moderation until the forum expands. They just need to be mindful to moderate because of the rules and not because of personal opinions.
pointingup.gif