Have you used Joomla?

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
Prior to WordPress becoming dominant beast in the blog and the publishing world, there used to be many other options. And even today there are many out there. Joomla was one of such option that was in demand before WordPress. And lot of people were using it before WP becomes the most required need for many bloggers. I have mostly used the older versions of the joomla and also learned how to install plugins too. But I prefer to stick with WP. 

Have you used Joomla?

Ash

Jul 30, 2019
I used Joomla a long time ago and it was honestly one of the worst experiences ever. It just wasn't very innovative and it made everything harder than it needed to be really. I believe they had modules (or am I thinking of another CMS) and that made it an absolute pain to use. WordPress is amazing compared to Joomla.

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
I used Joomla for some time but it was harder to get free hosting with Wordpress than with Joomla. Also Wordpress have much more plugins than Joomla and it has much more support. I try do some projects with it but I give up.

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
I used Joomla for some time but it was harder to get free hosting with Wordpress than with Joomla. Also Wordpress have much more plugins than Joomla and it has much more support. I try do some projects with it but I give up.
I think as long as you can get cpanel based hosting. Getting free hosting for joomla would be same as wordpress. Because all cpanel host offer the joomla installer script. Same can be said about the drupal too. Cpanel's installer scripts allow you to use most of the blog scripts which are free out there. 

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
I think as long as you can get cpanel based hosting. Getting free hosting for joomla would be same as wordpress. Because all cpanel host offer the joomla installer script. Same can be said about the drupal too. Cpanel's installer scripts allow you to use most of the blog scripts which are free out there. 
In that time I didn't know how install it or use some installer. Also some free hosting didn't allow it like 000webhost. If they detect it, they will ban your account. But now I do most stuff with Wordpress.

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
In that time I didn't know how install it or use some installer. Also some free hosting didn't allow it like 000webhost. If they detect it, they will ban your account. But now I do most stuff with Wordpress.
I think the rage about the installers started from 2013. Before that the installers were extremely buggy too. Now that they are more stable and also easier over a period of time. I remember in 2009 I had manually FTP the files and installed the WordPress and Drupal for the customers. Those were also the times. 

Angie7

Popular Member
Sep 21, 2019
I've heard of Joomla but to be honest, it's never occurred to me to use anything else other than WP.  We have two WP websites and we're happy with both. I also find the support is very good. So if it ain't broke...!

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
I too have heard of the Joomla. However I never personally used it for permanent usage or say for the blogs. I think that is kind of limited time that I have spent with the joomla. I think in near future if wordpress becomes too bloated then using the joomla would be new option for sure.

KodiMaster

Community Member
Feb 23, 2020
I used Joomla long time ago with my first site.
WordPress is much better then Joomla, I will never return to Joomla.

Joshua Farrell

Nov 17, 2019
I haven't tried it in years, and based on the last check I did on addon development, I'd say there is a reason for it not being as popular. Back in the day, I never really liked the sluggishness that it showed, compared to wordpress at the time.

marketstreetforum

Community Member
Apr 18, 2020
marketstreetforum.com
I haven't tried it in years, and based on the last check I did on addon development, I'd say there is a reason for it not being as popular. Back in the day, I never really liked the sluggishness that it showed, compared to wordpress at the time.
I tried to run several sites with Joomla over the years, there was something about it other then the sluggishness it showed that I just couldn't run a site with it... And I am not too sure what exactly it is about it...

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I never got around to trying Joomla and at this point I just have no interest. I setup with WordPress first and because it's just so easy to use and build upon, I decided to abandon the idea of trying Joomla. I did even try Drupal but that to is just... ugh.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
I have never heard of Joomla before. I always used Wordpress. I will have to look into Joomla and see what it's all about.