Hi there!

Webtems

Webtems.com || The best budget host!
May 30, 2020
webtems.com
My name is Drew, I'm the Founder & CEO of Webtems LLC.

I'm a 20 year old male who's been in the webmaster business since as far back as 12 years old, I'm a self taught web developer and avid forumer.

I was a previous Administrator on WebsiteForums.org (This forum's predecessor) I came back to check up on it and found this new forum, looks awesome!

Webtems

Webtems.com || The best budget host!
May 30, 2020
webtems.com
Hey hey, welcome to the community!! :)

Why did you start a hosting company? What interests brought you to make one?
I've been a web designer & developer since I was 12 years old, I was self taught. I was making money left and right by designing wordpress templates and selling them. I decided that at 15 I needed to branch out, I started a business called Tri-State Web Solutions, we mainly focused on local business websites in the area and as out clientele grew bigger and bigger until it became Webtems, still doing the same web design/development, then we decided that having about 700 clients on a reseller hosting plan wasn't cutting it. We ventured out and bought 3 dedicated servers for all of our clients, and a spare 4th one for redundancy, we had these 4 servers hosted around the world, one in Toronto, one in London, one in Germany, and one in Los Angeles. We wanted to do this so our clients could experience faster load times. One day a buddy of mine asked me, why don't you venture into web hosting with those many servers around the world. I thought to myself for quite a while and figured it wouldn't be too big of an ordeal. After venturing into the web hosting business, we now have 100 clients just from the new web hosting business started about 6 months ago, the previous 700 are still with us but were grandfathered in.