Hi

Azareal

May 24, 2020
I'm a bit bored so I decided to take a look at what this site is about ^^

I develop a forum software. I'm developing the forum software, Gosora in the programming language Go, which aims to be very fast, secure and simple (to the end-user not so much to me as developer, I try to keep it somewhat simple for moderators / administrators too). Privacy got tacked on as an extra concern as I was unconsciously doing that anyway and I figure it is important in today's world of what can we get away with taking from people in terms of privacy. I would link but that might be against the pirate code (movie reference).

I say stupid things on occasion and think and ponder and can be a little oblivious to what you think. Sorry if I've been a little mean to you before.

I like anime, programming, occasionally giving diatribes about the importance of preserving civil liberties from the intrusions of the government, playin devil's advocate in debates too see what interesting views pop-up, playing RTS / RPG games, like the sci-fi genre (pew pew pew!), I dabble in a number of things, for instance, I'm learning Japanese, one of the algorithms that underlies Gzip / Brotli (LZW77) to try to help in optimising a library, more AI things which have names like "convolutional deep neural network" (which makes me realise all the things they can't do more than anything), and I need to get round to Elixir and Rust someday but they make my brain melt ;_;

I know Go, C++, JavaScript, PHP (old times), a bit of C#, some Assembly, Visual Basic, Python, Bash, Batch, and things which are slipping my mind at this very moment!

• 1😂
Reactions: Thomasss

Alexander

May 10, 2020
Welcome to Forumer.io, Azareal. While reading your long introduction, it was great to learn more about you and your hobbies. You have a lot of useful programming skills, well done for your knowledge in this sector. What languages did you start of with and how on earth did you manage to learn all of them? It's nice to meet you and hope to see you around the community.

Azareal

May 24, 2020
Welcome to the forum @Azareal !
I can't seem to escape y- I mean....! It's great to have you here.
Yes, it's great to see you again xD. I never expected to see you here.
What languages did you start of with and how on earth did you manage to learn all of them?
C++ was my first one iirc and I relied on forcing the information into my head.

My brain got a bit confused by some of the C++ madness like stack vs heap and why there was multiple ways of doing the same thing, but it otherwise went in.
There was also the weirdness where the size of a variable varies depending on what platform you're compiling on and what compiler you're using, that was somewhat... annoying, but workable.

Azareal

May 24, 2020
Hey!

Welcome to Forumer! It's awesome to have you!

Have any screenshots of your forum software?!
1590378405537.png

This is the sixth theme in a succession of radically different themes. There are four themes you can pick from which are distributed with the software.
I am making a new one called Midnight. The one there is one called Nox, although it is a year or two old at this point.

The software is open source and on Github so you can play with it if you want.