Holiday Traffic

meetdilip

Community Member
Dec 17, 2019
Do you think the holiday period is bad for certain niche ? Even regulars stay offline for days. How is it with your forum ?

Aeowulf

Dec 23, 2019
aeowulf.com
It's usually when I am online more, and get some of the side-projects done. But for sure, over the years I've noticed very few get online during holiday periods.

Good for them though, spending time with family. Good for me as well, as I have time to do things that need to get done.

Joshua Farrell

Nov 17, 2019
Depends. I have seen a number of forums completely die because of holidays, and others thrive more. I think it just depends on how loyal the member base is already, that ends up deciding how the stats on the forum look during that time.

• 1👍
Reactions: Aeowulf

meetdilip

Community Member
Dec 17, 2019
Where I live, there is no holiday season. People won't migrate in great numbers to holiday destinations. Yes, people go on vacation in single or as a family, but that is either in summer when it is too hot or when they feel so.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
Given the most recent holiday period, I was rather bus myself! Healthcare is quite a busy time during the holiday season.

Nonetheless, like @Joshua Farrell mentioned, I've seen communities just completely die and others thrive. Depends on the area and the member base you have. I'd recommend getting contests and other activities going before the holiday season begins to get people more involved.

meetdilip

Community Member
Dec 17, 2019
Depends a lot on your user base. That was why I pointed about how people react to holiday season. If they are going to be in some resort in the Maldives, how can contests help ?