How did you learned Graphic Design?

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
I personally didn't spend any money on any graphic design school or the courses. But most of my learning is from online resources. And so far that experience has been paying off pretty good. I may consider learning more and also saving my time. I don't think there is much value in paying for offline schools considering you may find that it can be more expensive than online courses.

So how did you learned graphic design?

Tagobs

Mar 31, 2020
tagobs.com
About ten years ago I downloaded Photoshop and just played around with it. Learned the tools by trying things out myself, and followed online tutorials to learn new methods. It's not the most effective way to learn it, but hey, it works. Spend a lot o time with a software, and you're bound to learn something.

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
creatorswave.com
Learned pretty much the same as @Tagobs - I was mucking about with Photoshop in my spare time and creating designs for friends.
I watched tutorials or speedarts and tried to replicate designs that I liked, whilst changing them to suit myself, or my own images / stocks / renders.

I learned quite a lot, quite quickly.

Alexander

May 10, 2020
I'm no expert in the graphic design field although my knowledge is basic. At the comfort of my own home, I purchased the Adobe program and scratched the surface of Photoshop a few years back, now. I myself, learnt through practise and watching interactive visual tutorials/guides on YouTube. Trialing and Error will definitely improve your skillset when it comes to Graphic Design, this is the only way your going to learn, if you make mistakes.

To this day, I'm still teaching myself Photoshop's features. Are there any other useful revision tools that anyone would recommend?

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
I watched tutorials or speedarts and tried to replicate designs that I liked, whilst changing them to suit myself, or my own images / stocks / renders.
My current approach with the Affinity Designer is the same. I am using it in parallel with the Corel Draw and Photoshop. And I hope to have some sort of strong graphic design portfolio soon. I don't think graphic design is like coding, requires a lot of calm mind and also have to do it slowly and not rushed in like code.

Lord Saru

Community Member
May 6, 2020
I joined at a private cafe to learn graphic designing and ended up realizing that they didnt know anything and I self taught myself.

I can see the issues of self learning, obviously. XD