How often to email forum members?

Alexander

May 10, 2020
Any webmaster will know they have to find the right balance otherwise they risk members ignoring the emails or their provider automatically marketing the email as "spam". As a general rule, I send out a monthly-newsletters with any announcements, contests or other important information that the member may of missed during their period of inactivity. This is difficult to get right, though.

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
creatorswave.com
Presently we don't. We sent one out at the point of our relaunch but we're working on a weekly digest system that will send the "hot" topics of that week, and a few more configurable bits.

ARx182

Apr 30, 2020
There has to be a balance. Too often will push people away. Just often enough so that they don’t completely forget about your forum is ideal.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
Unless there is something serious to tell the users. I don't think email sending should be encouraged much. I think some amount of the email newsletters are good but not a lot of them. You can start sending mail specific to the updates of the forum. And not about daily or weekly stuff. Because people eventually want to unsub from such things.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I don't think I've ever emailed forum members in the past. I think I would if I had really important information, but otherwise I'd just send a private message through the message system on the forum.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
I would say whenever there's a major forum update is a good time to email the members or if you are running some type of contest. Besides that then maybe once or twice a month?