Introducing Dark Mode

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
Dark Side of Former.io-3.png

Introducing Dark Mode
Hello fellow community members! We're excited to announce "Dark Mode" - our member exclusive dark version of our default theme. Same functionality and modern look for those who prefer the dark side of Forumer.io. We're excited to bring this new feature to all of you! Please report any bugs, CSS glitches, etc. in our Community Feedback section so we can fix it!

Let us know what you think!

Enabling Dark Mode

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 9.14.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 9.16.07 PM.png

At the bottom of the page, you'll see the theme switcher. Click the link and you'll be able to choose from two theme, Default and Default Dark. :)

Last edited:

Cardinal

Nov 16, 2019
The dark theme is very nice; thank you for implementing this! I've been using it ever since the release!

• 1👍
Reactions: Thomasss

Aeowulf

Dec 23, 2019
aeowulf.com
The light one looks great and was the final enticement to me signing up. That said, I prefer dark websites and the dark one is just as beautiful. Definitely using this one now.

• 1👍

meetdilip

Community Member
Dec 17, 2019
I don't know who created the dark version, but there are a few bright elements in it which could have been fixed as well.

• 1👍

Aeowulf

Dec 23, 2019
aeowulf.com
I don't know who created the dark version, but there are a few bright elements in it which could have been fixed as well.
Most of the ones I've seen are nice complements so it's not TOO dark. I'm a fan. I could definitely see those with an even darker preference still wanting something darker though. The current form is a 'professional dark' I guess.

Granted, I still haven't looked around too much so I may be missing some things.

• 1👍

Noble

Community Member
Dec 20, 2019
@thomas i like the light version of your forums, I find dark is best for gaming but not what your forum is about.......nice work tho

• 1👍

meetdilip

Community Member
Dec 17, 2019
Most of the ones I've seen are nice complements so it's not TOO dark. I'm a fan. I could definitely see those with an even darker preference still wanting something darker though. The current form is a 'professional dark' I guess.

Granted, I still haven't looked around too much so I may be missing some things.
In fact, I love bright themes. But bright orange, bright blue, white text etc are not exactly what you expect to see in a dark theme.

• 2👍
Reactions: Thomasss and Noble

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
The light one looks great and was the final enticement to me signing up. That said, I prefer dark websites and the dark one is just as beautiful. Definitely using this one now.
Well, welcome to the community! Thank you for the kind words!

If you could give me some examples, I can see about tweaking it! :)

The current form is a 'professional dark' I guess.
That was the goal! :D

ether way its a nice job sir.
Thank you! :)

meetdilip

Community Member
Dec 17, 2019
If you could give me some examples, I can see about tweaking it!
I am not forcing it on you. Just like the elements I mentioned above, reaction indicators and badges are bright in the dark mode. There is even a bright blue dividing border line in the dark mode. Some of the default CSS avatars are bright too.