Learning Javascript

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
These days people are not just limited to PHP, C and C++. And more and more people are learning javascript for web development. And there seems to be a lot of people who have learned web frameworks and learning to build the application development on browser. And with React native like framework you can also develop the mobile apps too. But the thing is that you have to learn javascript for it.

I am currently using the freecodecamp and trying to learn javascript. How's your experience with javascript? Have you learned it yet?

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
I have started learning javascript using free videos tutorial, but after some time I quit that activity.I have read that there are many programmers which are offering their services online and they have more than 10 years of experence.I was thinking as a newbie I cannot compete with them and why to waste my time?

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
I have started learning javascript using free videos tutorial, but after some time I quit that activity.I have read that there are many programmers which are offering their services online and they have more than 10 years of experence.I was thinking as a newbie I cannot compete with them and why to waste my time?
In every job there will be always somebody who has more experience. Online is hard get job as newbie, but it possible. Best for newbie is try get job in some Company as Junior developer.

Sojourn

Sep 28, 2019
I know javascript pretty well. For modern web development needs,the language is pretty ill-equipped and hence the web is full of frameworks that sort of eclipses its shortcomings. It is a quirky language and always been notorious to cause hard to detect bugs.I am waiting for web-assembly to come on the forefront which would make this language obsolete for web developemt once and for all.

Cory

Oct 9, 2019
If it weren't for jQuery, I'd probably know little to nothing about JavaScript. Both go hand-in-hand and because jQuery is/was much easier to understand, I started to understand the dynamics of JavaScript the more I built scripts using primarily jQuery. I'm no JavaScript expert by any means, but I've created a handful of scripts that use vanilla JavaScript only and they seemed to work well. I've been using JavaScript/jQuery for many years now and it has made my life much more meaningful, being able to help people in the field and produce cool codes for other users message boards.

Sojourn

Sep 28, 2019
If it weren't for jQuery, I'd probably know little to nothing about JavaScript. Both go hand-in-hand and because jQuery is/was much easier to understand, I started to understand the dynamics of JavaScript the more I built scripts using primarily jQuery. I'm no JavaScript expert by any means, but I've created a handful of scripts that use vanilla JavaScript only and they seemed to work well. I've been using JavaScript/jQuery for many years now and it has made my life much more meaningful, being able to help people in the field and produce cool codes for other users message boards.
Me too, my introduction to javascript happened with jQuery.I stumbled upon some jQuery code and found that to dig deeper I needed to know the basics of the language.Then,I met with the quirks of javascript uh-oh.