Logo/Design Changes based on Events?

Moo-d

Community Member
May 10, 2020
I've seen websites, like Indeed, Facebook, etc. change their logo to rainbows and other colors representing what is going on in the world - currently, Indeed is a rainbow because of Pride Month. Do you change your logo/theme colors based off of what month/social media event going on?

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
creatorswave.com
I usually only change it for Halloween, site birthday, christmas.
My sites are not one for getting involved in political movements within the world, as such we play it safe with our representation and brand image.

s3_gunzel

That's Numberwang!
Nov 20, 2019
aspergers.network
I don't change my website theme or logo at all... I don't think it's too hard to do -- I just don't want the hassle of having multi-coloured (yeah, I used the right spelling, suffer!) logo.

Azareal

May 24, 2020
No, I don't trust sites / companies who do it either, when previously they may not have cared in the slightest.

I'm trying to be inclusive without the fanfare, although some might think I'm too inclusive :p
Political action is more for existential threats to sites / software, like the only going through Congress which wants to mandate backdoors in all operating systems.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I think changing just the logo for certain big holiday events is a nice little thing to do. Having a whole theme change is overkill though.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
Maybe I should do this sometime with my new forum. Atleast for the big ones like Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. I think changing the logo for it is fine but making a whole skin for it? That would be a lot of money and time.