Looking for theme and layout suggestions

Joshua Farrell

Nov 17, 2019

SO, I am currently working on raising money to get a domain, hosting and proper integration of the above forum, with a couple of other softwares. In the process, I want to know what I can do to improve the design if needed, and what would be your suggestions on board listings and anything else for the forum.

Joshua Farrell

Nov 17, 2019
Not entirely set on what I want to move to, but IPB and XF are my top two picks for addons I have been considering.

Last edited:

Joshua Farrell

Nov 17, 2019
Do you plan on staying on PB for a while?
If I go over to the paid version of ProBoards, I can download the database and move it over to a different software after 6 months. That, and the paid version has the ability to integrate the user base details with another software. So, I can transfer over seamlessly, if I get a domain and use one of those options.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
For some reason I think efforts on proboards eco system does not make sense to me. So not sure if you should be spending hours on proboards. To be honest it's only good enough for initial traction but after that you should move to self hosting with paid software like xenforo and IPB. I mean if it is from monetization context. If it's just hobby then I think any layout or design would do good on proboards.

• 1👍
Reactions: Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell

Nov 17, 2019
I agree, that is why I am considering their paid version, which allows the movement off or on it. Heck, their paid option that allows the sharing of the userbase is an option, without doing a backup to move.

I am fine with staying on it for the time being, till I know for sure what new additions their next version has. But at the time being, it is taking them awhile to release the exact feature list, other than upgrades to what they already offer (like the upgrade they are working on to the addon and theme libraries, which will allow people to earn through that, instead of creating a database for those paid items themselves).

Cardinal

Nov 16, 2019
This is a more personal opinion about ProBoards and their large, UI-distressing square advertisements that ruin even good looking communities I'd suggest moving off of their platform before finalizing a "theme"

God, I hope so. I hate websites that feel the compelling urge to change software all the time!
The forum is still well within the "startup" stages - he should be able to change his software, or change it more than just once, until he finds the right software for his community.

s3_gunzel

That's Numberwang!
Nov 20, 2019
aspergers.network
The forum is still well within the "startup" stages - he should be able to change his software, or change it more than just once, until he finds the right software for his community.
I mean, yeah, but if I was joining an early stage website who hadn't considered all their options, and felt like changing for the hell of it, I'd be pretty irked.