MailChimp?

Cameron.

Community Member
Nov 18, 2019
forumpromotion.net
I'd say the biggest form of promotion is just simply making efforts to retain the customers/registered users that you already have, and keep them coming back. You see businesses do this in a lot of different ways, whether it's a major corporation or a simple online message board. Businesses may ask you to like their Facebook page so they can keep you updated on what's going on via Facebook, or they may even ask you to subscribe to an email newsletter. Unfortunately, the world of email spam has also drastically changed, so you don't see much progress in sending out mass emails through your own particular software these days. Those types of emails typically go straight to everyone's Spam folder. The solution to this is services like MailChimp.

Does anyone utilize MailChimp, and how have your experiences been with it?

marketstreetforum

Community Member
Apr 18, 2020
marketstreetforum.com
I am not too familiar with MailChimp, & I do not use MailChimp, I chose SendGrid, mostly because the community software I have installed supports it.

Any platform used to send emails will be plagued by "Spam Delivery". This may not even be your fault, most of these services use a limited number of IPs for all email delivery, and if there are bad actors that get that IP flagged, your emails suffer. If you can afford it and or it is offered, buying a dedicated IP should help improve inbox deliveries.

Pandemix

MD developer
Apr 20, 2020
marketersdelight.com
An email list is the most important marketing asset you can have and I encourage everybody online to start one, whether you have a website or not. Even shit posters on social media ought to have them.

I have never gotten very sophisticated with my own newsletter despite tools like tagging and segmenting. My strategy has always been "I will email you something once it is ready" has done well, but as my list grows I should probably start taking advantage of those features. Part of why i started with MailChimp is because it's simple to just email your list, and I am curious how it holds up for these more advanced use cases.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
I heard that Mailchimp does not allow you to use the affiliate links. So it seems like a bad option for earning. I think for those who have their own business and store. They can use this for the promotion and also for the newsletter. But I think recently ConvertKit has one good platform and alternative to the Mailchimp in terms of the features basis.

s3_gunzel

That's Numberwang!
Nov 20, 2019
aspergers.network
I heard that Mailchimp does not allow you to use the affiliate links. So it seems like a bad option for earning.
If you're using Mass Mailing to push your affiliate links, you're - quite frankly - doing it wrong.

Affiliate links should, ostensibly, only be used when you have interested people who intend to make a purchase using them.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
We utilize MailChimp to send out uploaded RSS feed updates to all subscribers on Mondays and Fridays - the email contains all new content posted since the previous update. I also use it for important announcements, etc.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I've never personally used Mailchimp but I know that it can be a useful way to message people that have signed up to a newsletter as they have lots of good features to help you get a mail campaign sent to lists.

I like the fact that you can choose from a variety of designs to make your email look unique and stand out, although I'm sure many providers will offer this too.

I'm not sure how good the overall service is, but I know they are a very popular service provider in the industry.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
Mailchimp is in deep, deep trouble.
Oh wow. If true it doesn't look good for them. I don't see the need to use email services like that for forums. For an actual business then maybe but for a forum that's a hobby I would just use the email system from the forum.