Accepted Members recently online vs. currently online

Pandemix

MD developer
Apr 20, 2020
marketersdelight.com
Have you considered using a widget that shows the members who have visited in the last 24 hours over the current "Members Online" widget?

You can probably guess the reasons, but for forums without constant activity throughout the day I think this gives a far better impression about user activity over the oftentimes empty "who's currently online" list. And we can all probably agree it is a weird feeling to see your name as the lone member online.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

PoliceChief

Nov 30, 2019
It's not a bad idea, truthfully. The one thing I would consider is if there are dips in activity, that could potentially show that the community isn't active to potential members.

Pandemix

MD developer
Apr 20, 2020
marketersdelight.com
It's not a bad idea, truthfully. The one thing I would consider is if there are dips in activity, that could potentially show that the community isn't active to potential members.
Fair point, which is why I've cranked mine to 48 hours (heh). With this forum's level of activity I see the odds of it displaying zero extremely low vs. now where it is usually empty.

• 1😂
Reactions: PoliceChief

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
This was my main concern when thinking about implementing a feature like this - I'll see what @s3_gunzel thinks but I would be up to have this displayed for the most recent within 48 hours.