Moderation on Avatar Images in forum community?

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
I have seen some forums have some limits on the type of the avatars they can use in the forum. For example, anything related to violence, sexual and other content is often prevented. I have mostly noticed those communities having family content or user friendly content. So they don't want anything that requires mature filtering on the forums. So they tend to avoid such type of gif and avatar images on the user profiles.

I personally think it's reasonable for a community to have such rule. 

Do you think community rules are reasonable on such forum?

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
One should use common sense not to have such content in their avatar. I would also remove such avatars.

Jaspreet

Popular Member
Sep 15, 2019
Those type of forums are not acceptable on any forum and not even on Social networking websites and am sure its not acceptable on admin retail, forum coin or any other forum or a normal website either and if someone post that then they should be warned and the avatar should be removed and if he or she repeat the same mistake then banning them is the only option.

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
I have never come across an avatar that was considered offensive or distasteful or not for the general public.  I have been in forum and communities where an avatar was required.  Some forums allow no avatars.  I really think avatars should be required.  But that's just me.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
I think some of the really objectionable avatars are not worth keeping over in the forum community. I think on that note moderating the avatars is a good point. I personally don't see keeping such objectionable avatars. But if the users prefer to use the avatars for harmless content then they should be allowed to do that as well.

Alexander

May 10, 2020
I agree with most of the users who have posted in this discussion. In order not to have certain content in their profile pictures, common sense should be used by our members in the first instance. I will delete these avatars if they are deemed inappropriate. All images must follow the Terms and Conditions of our website otherwise necessary measures may be taken.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
Avatars should be required for forums. I wouldn't let a member use an avatar that is too graphic, sexual, violent, or hate crimes but I have yet to see anything like that in an avatar on forums.

Azareal

May 24, 2020
I haven't had to deal with it although another moderator on a chat I moderated did have to deal with someone who donned swastika and had the name Hitler. Such avatars could be considered a form of trolling and adds nothing of value to a community (unless you're running a Nazi forum).