No-Code Movement

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
These days many companies and the designers are into the no code movement. The reason being many companies want to sell or lock people into the their own services. And for that they are kind of selling this "no code" movement. I don't see much point into that though. Considering you are spending more money than it takes for you to learn. But it may work out for some people.

What do you think about No Code Movement?

Joshua Farrell

Nov 17, 2019
I don't get the no code movement. I would rather use code builders as supplements if I need visual help, than to use it as the only way to build a site. Why need coding knowledge, if you aren't willing to build something from scratch? All of my recent efforts into coding something, gave me better working experience on something, because I took the time to try out what does what in certain types of coding blocks.

Gh0st4unt3r

Community Member
Jan 26, 2020
stormdevelopers.com
from myself and other coders there is no point as we have learnt to if we want something code it, simple as that,

i do believe when something is custom coded you see value and pride in the development, i have never liked websites such as weebly, squarespace etc.

marketstreetforum

Community Member
Apr 18, 2020
marketstreetforum.com
I personally do not like this movement, it forces people to be non-original and/or you end up paying exorbitant prices to customize it if it is possible.

There is a sense of pride and value to knowing the "under the hood" of the website running your business.

Rory

Community Member
Apr 18, 2020
It's ironic; platforms out there are coding their own technology that allows other people to create things (such as an app) without programming knowledge, but without it, they wouldn't have the platform to begin with...

In a sense, it creates more jobs for those who can code because sooner or later, they'll be a rare gem in a diamond of lazy people who don't want to code because it's done for them anyway....

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I don't think people buying the services of platforms like Squarespace, Weebly or Wix is a bad thing generally, it lets small businesses get off the ground however it takes away from really developing agencies when large scale businesses settle for crappy platforms because they're too tight with their money to get quality.