phpBB/MyBB and other forum software question

Chel

Jul 7, 2020
www.discussiontime.tk
Just a quick question;

Do forum softwares that require hosting like phpBB, myBB and similar have the option to download a database of sorts of all forum posts, settings etc? So if I wanted to move hosts I wouldn't lose data?

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
Just a quick question;

Do forum softwares that require hosting like phpBB, myBB and similar have the option to download a database of sorts of all forum posts, settings etc? So if I wanted to move hosts I wouldn't lose data?
You would go through your database through your hosting panel and you’d be able to export your database into a SQL file, and then convert it later if you were to move to a different software, or simply upload the database and use it on a new platform. :D

• 2👍
Reactions: Azareal and Dan

Azareal

May 24, 2020
Just a quick question;

MyBB lets you download the database from the ACP although they may be phasing that feature out for security reasons in favour of downloading it from the hosting panel instead.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
Just a quick question;

So, basically I could regularly export to an sql file and have it on my computer in case of data loss or host move at a later date?
MyBB lets you download the database from the ACP although they may be phasing that feature out for security reasons in favour of downloading it from the hosting panel instead.
As long as you have access to the database (which paying for hosting will let you) then you can export the entire database into a SQL dump (a file) and store it safely offline as a backup whenever you want to.