Promotion Forums

Ash

Jul 30, 2019
Promotion forums, like this one, can be used to promote your online projects. Do you think they are useful to promote more general niches? Or are they only helpful to promote services geared towards other webmasters?

jyy

Sep 26, 2019
For sure the places are full of web developers - but they have other interests.

zoldos

Community Member
Feb 5, 2020
I think such forums can be quite helpful. I used to do post exchanges with other forums I'd find there. It did get a little tedious tho and I stopped. My newest forum, which I co-own, has really picked up and without any post exchanges! :D

ShawnHikes

Community Member
Feb 7, 2020
I don't think they're a bad idea as long as you limit them. I've noticed a trend where it is the same users on all the smaller ones. So I only join a few so that I can find a variety of different users.

It is the same with other niches too

I use to own Another Admin forum, if any of you remember that? Long time ago... I had the same members that were on all the other smaller admin and webmaster forums.

The same when I ran a weather forum, same members from all the other weather forums.

zoldos

Community Member
Feb 5, 2020
ShawnHikes said:
I don't think they're a bad idea as long as you limit them. I've noticed a trend where it is the same users on all the smaller ones. So I only join a few so that I can find a variety of different users.

It is the same with other niches too

I use to own Another Admin forum, if any of you remember that? Long time ago... I had the same members that were on all the other smaller admin and webmaster forums.

The same when I ran a weather forum, same members from all the other weather forums.
Yup.  One of my topics of interest is mental health and so I've attracted members from many other similar forums.  Things have slacked off a bit tho. :(

jyy

Sep 26, 2019
Well, accountability is important. They should be strict about people making promises (like post exchanges) and keeping them.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I feel like promotion forums used to work well years and years ago but now not so much. With social media becoming more and more of a dominating thing on the web people have moved from forums onto custom-made platforms where it changes the dynamic of discussion.

Forums are very linear and strict whereas a comment thread of Facebook can switch topics multiple times and there's a lot more freedom to chat about whatever you want to. That is something forums just can't really compete with.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
Promotion forums can still work if managed well and done rightly. If thwy offer something uniqiue to help your forum than other promotion forums than that would win alot of people but its hard.