Python Programming: Do you know it?

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
When I was in university, we had C and C++ as language courses. And those were the days when the python and other languages were ignored. And it was really hard to even ask the colleges to teach us that. Now a days you don't need any college for that. And you can learn this on your own too. I learned python in my job and managed to code simple things with it. I have yet to learn python from the perspectives of web development. 

Have you learned python? for say web development?

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
On college I learned QBasic, Visual Basic and  ASP.NET. Later, when I start work in school I need to learn some Python basics since school programs did change and I need to adopt my self to it.

Josemendez

Popular Member
Sep 15, 2019
I am currently learning this language and is quite easy and interesting. 

Though I am learning it on my own because of my work schedule. I wish I will have enough time to master it .

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
I think I will try make some project with python. Small software connected to some database and send it to few companys. Maybe I will find job with them and after few a year or two  get good salary, like 1000 euros.

Ash

Jul 30, 2019
Python is something that I learnt during Sixth Form and to be honest, haven't used for a while now. The last time that I used Python was for one of my large personal projects where I coded a gaming social network with Python and Flask. 

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
The last time that I used Python was for one of my large personal projects where I coded a gaming social network with Python and Flask. 
Why choose Python and Flask and PHP? Can you tell me more about difference? I just check out some Flask tutorial for begginers and I don't see why those projects don't make in PHP. I even consider it little more easy than in Python.

Ash

Jul 30, 2019
Why choose Python and Flask and PHP? Can you tell me more about difference? I just check out some Flask tutorial for begginers and I don't see why those projects don't make in PHP. I even consider it little more easy than in Python.
I have never used PHP because it's a bit harder to learn and understand (for me anyway). That's why I went with Python because it could handle the logic side of the back-end easily and I was already good with Python. It's a lot more beginner friendly than PHP, to be honest.

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
I have never used PHP because it's a bit harder to learn and understand (for me anyway). That's why I went with Python because it could handle the logic side of the back-end easily and I was already good with Python. It's a lot more beginner friendly than PHP, to be honest.
Writing style is much better for beginners. Many people don't like PHP because of {} brackets or $ sign in variables but for me it is much simplier since you can make excellent site without any Framework. Also, there is plenty free hostings with PHP support.

Cory

Oct 9, 2019
I'm going to attempt to learn it. Right now I have the book, Beginning Programming With Python For Dummies, waiting to be read in its entirety. I don't know if I'll find much use for it with the type of coding work I've done most of my life, but it will be a stepping stone in the right direction to becoming a better programmer and enabling myself to create much more dynamic, interesting programs. 

Sojourn

Sep 28, 2019
I know to code in Python. I haven't learnt it in my college(nobody might be aware of it back then I suppose) but I guess it would have been better if I did so. For me C++ is a sheer drudgery considering how smoothly and quickly you can build simple stuffs in Python (both CUI and GUI).I have learnt it myself but haven't explored the web development yet.

Cinderella

Oct 12, 2019
I am not a programmer and learned about website management through online guides and YouTube videos. I am currently writing about artificial intelligence on various sites so I find it necessary that I learn some programming and I decided to learn Python. I find the few part somehow easy to learn. I am just starting and hoping that I can continue to learn this program.

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
I am working mostly in web niche but I never used Python for it. I just don't see it in web development. I see PHP much more easier for interaction with HTML than Python. I watch some Flesk tutorials for begginers and it looks much complicated.

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
Does anybody know any online Python compiler where I can use Selenium and  Chromewebdriver? I tried Repl and Python Fiddle but none support it (Python Fiddle just freeze tab). I Google it but I was not successful. Do you know any compiler?

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
Not sure why you are trying to do the cloud based testing. I don't think anyone offers any such feature because with selenium and crawlers usually end up eating lot of CPU powers if used for scraping. You can check out selenium 3 setup for Python on Windows. 

By the way not sure if this is relevant for your case but Runkit can interact with python shell. So something like this may work?

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
Not sure why you are trying to do the cloud based testing. I don't think anyone offers any such feature because with selenium and crawlers usually end up eating lot of CPU powers if used for scraping. You can check out selenium 3 setup for Python on Windows. 

By the way not sure if this is relevant for your case but Runkit can interact with python shell. So something like this may work?
Thanks for suggestion I will try those. If they don't work, I will just install it on Windows. About this feature, PHP and his SIMPL HTML DOM crawler works fine on PHP fiddle. I didn't test in on other PHP online compilers.