Should forum games count as posts?

tankerkiller125

Security? What's that?
May 27, 2020
kilgore.dev
I don't know if they should really count, but on the Flarum community forum we allow games because they create really long threads (which are great for stress testing infinite loading and other stuff)

• 1👍
Reactions: Katos

Dan

Community Member
Sep 26, 2019
I think this can be determined on a per forum basis. Like Forumer, probably doesn't need to be counting forum games to post counts. However, Gab A Ton is based around general discussions and forum games and being able to unwind and have a little fun.

Paanda

Community Member
Jul 5, 2020
I don't know if they should really count, but on the Flarum community forum we allow games because they create really long threads (which are great for stress testing infinite loading and other stuff)
This is the only reason these "forum games" should exist, unless you have a general discussion forum and are in need of activity - so you create a space where people can count to 1000....

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
I think they should count towards your total post count. After all, if you try to artificially inflate your count by posting spammy comments then you're not really achieving anything by doing that anyway.

Ash

Jul 30, 2019
I count it towards the post count of my forum but it hasn't been a huge problem for me because the section doesn't have too many posts. If your forum games section has more posts than any other section of your forum, then it may be time to consider not counting it