Site Review

Brad P

Community Member
Jun 27, 2020
Hello Forumer!

I'm looking for some feedback on my site ChatBanter.

I have gone with a light theme because i feel it looks clean and easy on the eyes, however we have a dark them as well that can be selected. I'm interested to know what you think and appreciate any feedback on how to improve!

logged in
4.png

message layout
2.png

forums
Untitled.png

news page
3.png

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
Personally, I would make the logo bigger and make a retina responsive version of your logo for those with screens that support that. Most of XenForo currently supports retina images. :)

I LOVE this part:

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 11.12.13 PM.png

Otherwise, I am a fan of the theme. I think it's simple and light, not too much color which I do not think is a horrible thing. It makes the theme simple and basic without making it look bland.

I would suggest making your colored username the same as the banner - you want to be uniform in the colors you use. Maybe make the blue a lighter blue like the one in your header?

Dark theme:

I'm not usually a fan of the dark theme - there's a few suggestions I have for that:

1. I wouldn't use the same header as your light theme. The trio-colored header, while dull and dark already, doesn't match with the dark theme. Try making it a trio of gray/black.
  2. Your username is too dark on the dark theme. I'd add CSS in your extra.css on the dark theme to make it a lighter color if you're going to stick with it.
  3. The only thing separating a post from the background is the already dark borders. There is no contrast throughout the whole theme, which is important to make a dark theme work. Take our's for example - there is a lot of contrast between dark and lighter dark - which helps. Same thing with the login/register boxes mentioned above - notice the contrast on the light theme? Should be the same on the dark theme.

Just some suggestions! :) Overall, the theme does look quite nice!