Social Media only works one way for brands

ShawnHikes

Community Member
Feb 7, 2020
I've discovered the secret of using social media to market a product, business or brand.

The secret?

You have to treat each social network as its own community.

Seriously! Let's say you have a message forum and you make a FB page for it but also a Twitter as well. You have three online communities that need to be ran like each of them is your main online community.

If you just use social for quick advertising, it will fail or be very very slow.

But if you treat each platform as its own and link them all - success will follow.

It takes hard work to make things happen!

jyy

Sep 26, 2019
Yeah, I have to agree - but seriously, I only have time to make one social media page any good. I mean, why throw half-done effort into pages - as you said. Well, anyway, the more exposure the better (via more than one social media thing), though - it will take more time.

Aeowulf

Dec 23, 2019
aeowulf.com
You're, sadly, absolutely correct. Even managing and building one is a lot of work, and doing it for multiple platforms is exponentially more tedious. All this while trying to build your primary focus.

I think the main thing that can be said for the occasional post is, that you try and encourage users to follow them, so if they haven't visited in a while, seeing something MIGHT bring them back. Its all a long shot, but any exposure is good exposure. The problem is, you don't just get that by posting your stuff. You have to be engaging to get any sort of initial attention.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
This is good advice. I don't know if I'll ever get into social media as I don't have one personally so right now I will just build up the content on my forum and try to get it active that way.