Starting a free blog or a paid blog?

Josemendez

Popular Member
Sep 15, 2019
Having the desire to own a blog and considering the things involved in owing blogs . Am now left with the question on weather to start with a free blog or to go for a paid blog ?

Last edited by a moderator:

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
Paid is always best. Free tends to have a lot of advertisements that don't look good. You're off better with a paid blog and put your own advertisements.

What would your blog be about ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Josemendez

Popular Member
Sep 15, 2019
Paid is always best. Free tends to have a lot of advertisements that don't look good. You're off better with a paid blog and put your own advertisements.

Well, am still writing down my ideas . and making g surveys to know what people want .

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
For the start I think it is good to start a free blog, to experiment a little bit the things and having a blog.If the things work out great for you then you can pay for having a domain and hosting.

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
I think first and the most important thing one should think of is a niche. You have to find the niche. Because without the niche, it becomes harder to even get the blog going. You need to have some sort of interest and niche which can make you money. Otherwise you are not going to move much ahead when it comes to the blogging. I personally have been struggling with niche.

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
You have to choose wisely your niche as well.That niche must be something that is in great demand in the online world and must be interesting for you as this can motivate you to keep on writing for longer time on the specific niche.

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
Additionally you can now buy a premium blog like Wordpress for free on Admin Retail.

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
I think everybody who intends to become  a blogger must jump at the occasion, as wordpress is a famous platform and has excellent quality.This is an excellent opportunity to get wordpress blog for free.

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
You have to choose wisely your niche as well.That niche must be something that is in great demand in the online world and must be interesting for you as this can motivate you to keep on writing for longer time on the specific niche.
Niche is kind of make and break. Many people make use of the free blog for promotion and some of the time paid blogs are taking like lot of your money too. So find out budget and then get into blog setup. Some places like say AR even has offer for blog hosting. I think it's the niche selection and persistence with that niche is what matters. 

Angie7

Popular Member
Sep 21, 2019

That's what I believe as well. When I started looking into blogging, a lot of the experts also maintained free templates aren't very flexible in terms of changing how it's set up. Also, apparently developers can shut down free websites without warning!  Plus, because I'm looking to monetise it later down the line, I found out advertisers are wary of websites built on free templates.

Ash

Jul 30, 2019
Free domains and free hosting will never be a good long term plan, to be honest. I think if you're serious about your blog then the best thing to do is to get some premium hosting for it, get a proper domain and a nice looking theme. Free themes just don't look as good.

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
Having the desire to own a blog and considering the things involved in owing blogs . Am now left with the question on weather to start with a free blog or to go for a paid blog ?
If you are brand new to blogging with no experience you should definitely start by using free blog publishing platforms.  Use them and make all of your mistakes learning.  When you gain experience and build your confidence then invest your money.

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
Free themes just don't look as good.
I think free themes often looks good but they have lack on features. I see it from First hand. Example theme don't categorized posts right, don't show all posts as it should be, some posts are never visible.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
Depending on the free platform is never a good idea if you have long term plans and wish to make money some day. For example WordPress.come deletes accounts of those who use affiliate links. And also blogger.com has their share of removal of account when using the affiliate links. So I think it's always a good idea to make use of the paid or self hosting option.