Startup Finances; Investing Money in your Forum

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
How comfortable are you investing in your community? What does your budget look, from start up to a fully running community?

My budget for a start up forum is roughly $1,000 in the first year, and roughly the same the next year. Fortunately I have the ability to invest in the community; how about everyone else?

• 1👍
Reactions: Dan

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
I think a large percentage of the forum investment has to be in the content creation. Because that is how the forum can get enough earnings based on the display ads. Another thing is that money should not be spent all at once. And instead phase wise investment needs to be done. That's how I have seen some of the forums and blogs making after the 1st year.

Alexander

May 10, 2020
There is a saying you have to spend money, to make money online. I'm comfortable investing into my online projects if I feel they have potential to be successful. My budget would be anywhere from 50$/per month and without a doubt, I would definitely plan how the funds are going to be spent.

Dan

Community Member
Sep 26, 2019
I don't really have a set amount I invest since I don't see it as a business venture I didn't come at it with any kind of annual budget. I invest in the software on the site itself, hosting, and the domain and that's about it. At least so far. It's a bit of a hobby site for me. If there was something the community was interested in having or I thought could benefit things I would also invest in it...dollar amount pending of course cause I've got other things to pay for :p

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
For me personally my budget is very, very low.

As it doesn't seem to generate very much ROI I don't feel comfortable putting too much money into it because it generally just gets spent with no benefits or return to justify it. I have to say, $1000 is a very healthy budget for a startup forum.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
I would invest money into my money. I have more than enough so I can do that as I don't have a family to provide for. I think it's good to invest money into your forum if your really serious about it.