Sublime Text

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
Prior to switching to the Visual Studio Code. This editor was one of my favorite. And I used to make a lot of use for my web development. And it was indeed a good editor which was meant to improve my workflow. Though they do have trial version with unlimited use. They just had the notice coming randomly asking to register for the license to remove the notice. I also loved some of the themes of the sublime text. And the plugins were plenty in past than today. 

Have you tried Sublime Text editor?

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
Nope. Try Notepadd++. It support many languages, library, colorful and it is free.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
What got me away from the Sublime Text is the "nagging" register or evaluation only message. I know that there is a hard work involved but such notice is more annoying. I'd rather see them keeping entire product behind pay wall instead. Because free software and such message are not that going well for them.

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
You do understand the word "irritating" right ? and it comes from being forced to do action that you don't like or being forced to view that action. I was referring to the irritation that it causes sure you managed to do it for 3 years. Does that mean rest of the world has to go through those set of experiences too? I doubt it.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I used to use Sublime Text and did so for years but I finally got tired of the free trial popup so I switched to Atom which is a free GitHub project and haven't looked back since. I was going to get a Sublime Text licence but it never made financial sense when there were free alternatives that were just as good, if not better.