Thoughts on closing your forum

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
Have you had thoughts on closing your forum before? What was your reason for that? I think most people just plainly give up on their forum or life gets really busy for them. If I had a forum I don't know if I would ever close it down or not.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
I have in the past and recently. Whenever I have it’s because my attention has shifted elsewhere and I can’t or don’t want to dedicate the time I need to the project.

It’s not so much a big deal for small forums that have started but I’d imagine a large forum closing would probably divide a user base and spawn off shoots of it for those that want it to stick around.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
I have in the past and recently. Whenever I have it’s because my attention has shifted elsewhere and I can’t or don’t want to dedicate the time I need to the project.

It’s not so much a big deal for small forums that have started but I’d imagine a large forum closing would probably divide a user base and spawn off shoots of it for those that want it to stick around.
I'm not sure how many large forums end up closing down they probably keep going or merge with another forum but yes most small forums end up closing down.