Accepted Verification Program?

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
Hi Cardinal,

We'll be releasing a how to guide here soon. Our verification program is designed to verify the identities of members whom claim to own a website/forum/business. :) We'll have guidelines on applications published soon, at the moment, verification applications are approved on a case by case basis. You can request it by clicking the link in your account overview dropdown (click your profile picture). :)

• 1👍
Reactions: Gh0st4unt3r

Tealk

Community Member
Feb 23, 2020
Wouldn't it be more useful to be able to verify several websites? So that you verify a domain and not a user?
I don't think I am the only one who owns a whole row of domains.

Malcolm

Community Member
Feb 17, 2020
Wouldn't it be more useful to be able to verify several websites? So that you verify a domain and not a user?
I don't think I am the only one who owns a whole row of domains.
@Thomasss We might have to consider this. I think we should have a set of conditions where if sites with more than an x amount of members/posts then they may be considered for verification. The reason for this is due to the fact the most of everyone here owns a website/business.

Tealk

Community Member
Feb 23, 2020
I think that a separate profile field would be very good for this, you would have to set it up so that it is displayed via tooltip and each domain is verified individually.
I can imagine this very well in XenForo.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
@s3_gunzel is correct; the verification program can be used for either 1 domain for 20; we verify one account. If they own more than 1 forum/website, than the verification would be for all sites that they own, and any new sites that come after that. If we are unable to verify sites that they own moving forward, of verify their status on other forums, they would be ineligible for verification as a whole.

I do agree that our guidelines will need to have a certain member limit on communities, or at least post count/activity count to ensure consistency with the program. For the time being, those with communities that I’ve seen around for a while, or have been online for a long period of time, have been verified.

With that being said, I have developed a new idea that makes more sense for our community rather than just a simple verification; at which myself and @Malcolm will need to go over before we launch. So with that, stay tuned for the updates! :)