Website Review: Creators Wave

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
creatorswave.com
After a lifetime of changing the site, and not being happy with how it was, I have made a number of changes to bring forth the latest rendition of Creators Wave.

Creators Wave is the home of all things creativity, from photography to develop and beyond. Learn a new hobby, or sell projects that you have already been working on.
CW aims to provide one home for tutorials, resources, marketing, and more.

Here is the link to the website:

Please review it and let me know any suggestions or thoughts.
Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
I do love the new theme. ❤ The only things I would suggest is the blue banner at the top - the light blue font is hard to read, along with the small print gray. Also, maybe a lighter gray background for the nodes?

Also, I'm a bit confused on the font color you use on your red title bar. The contrast is a bit...off?

Otherwise, I like it!

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
creatorswave.com
I do love the new theme. ❤ The only things I would suggest is the blue banner at the top - the light blue font is hard to read, along with the small print gray. Also, maybe a lighter gray background for the nodes?

Also, I'm a bit confused on the font color you use on your red title bar. The contrast is a bit...off?

Otherwise, I like it!
Ahoy! Many thanks for the feedback @Thomasss it really does help us to improve! :)
Allow me to break down your feedback:

The only things I would suggest is the blue banner at the top - the light blue font is hard to read, along with the small print gray.
This is actually already in the works, we are working on redesigning this to bring it in line with our new branding :)

Also, maybe a lighter gray background for the nodes?
Thank you for this, I will see what can be done here (secretly, i've been toying with this on our staging environment!)

Can you confirm what you mean by this one please? This looks fine for me, but of course I wish to confirm that we're looking at the same thing so that I can rectify any issues! :)

Fergal

Community Member
Apr 28, 2020
I really do like the simple and straight-forward design, it is very pleasing to the eye and user-friendly. Good luck and continued success.

• 1♥
Reactions: Katos

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
creatorswave.com
This:

Just seems a bit odd for the font color!
We have now rectified this bug and moved the ranks to a new style, pending an overhaul to the way in which we manage rank styling. Once this styling is rectified, we will be rolling out new ranks to partners, competition winners and more.
You'll also be pleased to note that we have changed the subcategory colours and added images to category headings! :

1590327528952.png

• 1💗
Reactions: Thomasss

Alexander

May 10, 2020
My initial thoughts of Creators Wave are positive. I love the category banners, this is something very unique and this isn't generally seen all on all boards. My only criticism would be the font colour at the very top of your website. A purple blank banner, with grey words doesn't go well together. I would recommend updating "Forum Rules", "Our Partners", "Newest Discussions", "Search forum" "Sign up" and "Login in" to bold, white text to match the CW Logo and Start a Discussion button.

Untitled.png

Nice forum though and I wish you good luck with it!

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
creatorswave.com
My initial thoughts of Creators Wave are positive. I love the category banners, this is something very unique and this isn't generally seen all on all boards. My only criticism would be the font colour at the very top of your website. A purple blank banner, with grey words doesn't go well together. I would recommend updating "Forum Rules", "Our Partners", "Newest Discussions", "Search forum" "Sign up" and "Login in" to bold, white text to match the CW Logo and Start a Discussion button.

View attachment 342

Nice forum though and I wish you good luck with it!
Thanks Alexander! This is something that has been commented on before, and something that I am actively looking to rectify :)

Alexander

May 10, 2020
Thanks Alexander! This is something that has been commented on before, and something that I am actively looking to rectify :)
No problem. Let us know if you need any help or guidance editing the forum style sheet. I'm guessing you know CSS so this shouldn't be a problem, unless you get stuck.