What are YOUR top 5 tips for somebody starting a new website

tankerkiller125

Security? What's that?
May 27, 2020
kilgore.dev
  1. Sitemap, Sitemap, Sitemap
  2. Register on the Google Search Console, Bing Search Console, etc.
  3. Keep things stupid simple to read for bots, don't go crazy with the animated graphics
  4. If using Wordpress use the Yoast SEO extension (I've seen a brand new site start raking in 1st within weeks thanks to this extension at work)
  5. Content, Content, Content, make your content clear, be an expert in what your talking about, make the content useful to read to your audience.

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
creatorswave.com
  3. Keep things stupid simple to read for bots, don't go crazy with the animated graphics
  4. If using Wordpress use the Yoast SEO extension (I've seen a brand new site start raking in 1st within weeks thanks to this extension at work)
  5. Content, Content, Content, make your content clear, be an expert in what your talking about, make the content useful to read to your audience.
Some excellent tips here @tankerkiller125 ! :)

ARx182

Apr 30, 2020
1. Don't give up
2. Don't give up
3. Don't give up
4. Don't give up
5. Don't give up

Persistence is key and most websites fail simply because the owner gives up. I'm guilty of this myself. It's crucial to cement this mentality right from the very start so when you do think of giving up, you can remind yourself.

• 1👍
Reactions: Thomasss

Alexander

May 10, 2020
  1. Keep your homepage functional and clutter-free.
  2. Don't give it up!
  3. Create content that is easy to read on the website.
  4. Ensure your web page is simple to operate.
  5. Keep mobile friendly,

Katos

They see me breakin’
May 2, 2020
creatorswave.com
  1. Keep your homepage functional and clutter-free.
  2. Don't give it up!
  3. Create content that is easy to read on the website.
  4. Ensure your web page is simple to operate.
  5. Keep mobile friendly,
Fully agree! Good tips :)

Persistence is key and most websites fail simply because the owner gives up. I'm guilty of this myself. It's crucial to cement this mentality right from the very start so when you do think of giving up, you can remind yourself.
Persistence to see the site through is absolutely a requirement!

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
1. Start small. Minimal and then build the rest.
2. Avoid flash & heavy graphics.
3. Don't force dark theme if your niche doesn't requires it. e.g. health site in dark theme is harder to read than gaming blog.
4. Don't spend money on wrong traffic channels like - solo ads, PTC etc.
5. SEO, traffic, content it all needs to be done a day at a time.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
  1. Know you will fail at some point - instead of giving up, figure out why and fix it.
  2. SEO is your friend - but for you to have good SEO, you need content.
  3. Be unique, and back up your site with passion.
  4. Skip out on the heavy images and themes that simply do not look good. Your theme should make it easy for members to navigate, and make it fun for them to post.
  5. Patience is key - 3 years from now you might still not be where you want. Doesn't mean it's not working - have a forum for the fun of it, for the sense of community. Not for the money .Be in the business for the right reasons.

• 1👍
Reactions: Fergal

DudeThatsErin

Community Member
Jun 14, 2020
erinskidds.website
  1. Know that you aren't going to succeed immediately. It will take time. If you want something to succeed you have to put in the time to make it succeed.
  2. Make sure what you are doing is not a popular topic. Popular topics make it harder for you to succeed.
  3. Ads scare people away.
  4. People are only on websites for 10 seconds before they decide if they want to stay or not.

Dan

Community Member
Sep 26, 2019
  1. Create something you enjoy
  2. Don't litter your site with ads
  3. Regularly create new content
  4. Talk about your project with others
  5. Don't stress out over the small details

Moo-d

Community Member
May 10, 2020
This is huge - SEO is everything!

Paanda

Community Member
Jul 5, 2020
The one thing I have seen from forum owners are them giving up when things get tough. Get into the forum world because you have a passion for it, not because you simply "want" to make one.

• 1🧡
Reactions: Thomasss

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
  1. Make the entire website responsive.
  2. Use a simple layout with complementing colours.
  3. Chose the right software for the job.
  4. Buy decent hosting.
  5. Buy an easy to spell domain.