What coding languages do you know?

Alexander

May 10, 2020
HTML, CSS, Java, and Javascript are some of the most popular that you would need to know in order to develop a website. What coding languages do you know and what would you consider the "basics"? How did you undertake learning such a skill? Online services such as Codecademy? Do you enjoy coding?

ARx182

Community Member
Apr 30, 2020
I know my way around HTML and CSS. I also know bits of JavaScript, PHP and Python but from a long time ago; I plan on recapping my knowledge of them though.

What is considered the "basics"? You only really need to know HTML and CSS to develop a basic website.

Alexander

May 10, 2020
I know my way around HTML and CSS. I also know bits of JavaScript, PHP and Python but from a long time ago; I plan on recapping my knowledge of them though.

What is considered the "basics"? You only really need to know HTML and CSS to develop a basic website.
How did you learn all of these coding languages? If you taught yourself, what online revision resources would you recommend for me? When is the best time to start practising after you think you've learnt part of it? I'm thinking about getting into coding myself!

ARx182

Community Member
Apr 30, 2020
How did you learn all of these coding languages? If you taught yourself, what online revision resources would you recommend for me? When is the best time to start practising after you think you've learnt part of it? I'm thinking about getting into coding myself!
As a kid I would create forums and mess around with MyBB templates and CSS. That's mainly where my HTML and CSS knowledge came from. As for the other languages, I learnt the basics in school and enhanced my understanding at home. Sadly, I stopped coding a few years ago so that knowledge is very vague now.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
I know how to break most of the coding languages. I know CSS and HTML enough to tinker with things, but not enough build a full project.