What design / dev tools do you use?

Mace

Jul 30, 2019
Last edited by a moderator:

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
I recently got back into design / editing with Photoshop. Took me a while to figure out some stuff again, but I'm managing. ?

Sindri

Community Member
Jul 22, 2019
No design, just dev for me but that includes

VS Code (For a free editor it is actually pretty good.)

Bootstrap

Wordpress

Laravel

Symfony

Django

FontAwesome (Love their icons!)

Probably a few others that I am forgetting.

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
My current workflow stack is like this. 

1. Adobe Photoshop CC

2. Visual Studio Code

3. Canva + Crello

4. Camtasia Studio

5. WordPress

6. Bootstrap and Foundation CSS

I have mostly have the mixed projects of theme and the plugins so my stack reflects that accordingly.l I am on windows as you can tell from the stack. I someday hope to switch to the Apple. It may not be this year but somewhere down the line in future. 

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
My current workflow stack is like this. 

1. Adobe Photoshop CC

2. Visual Studio Code

3. Canva + Crello

4. Camtasia Studio

5. WordPress

6. Bootstrap and Foundation CSS

I have mostly have the mixed projects of theme and the plugins so my stack reflects that accordingly.l I am on windows as you can tell from the stack. I someday hope to switch to the Apple. It may not be this year but somewhere down the line in future. 
Feel free to post some of your work in a new topic / portfolio topic, I'm excited to see what you've made and perhaps could give some feedback.

Mace

Jul 30, 2019
Just use builders. I don't know to much about CSS techniques.
Ah, fair enough. Builders are great if you're not able to create custom designs and such (or don't know enough about HTML / CSS to build the base, for that matter).

I personally design from scratch, and then develop a theme out of it by coding the design and then turning it into a theme (not a child theme) by either using Advanced Custom Fields (Pro) to make sure the website content can be edited, which I prefer, or by implementing a builder.

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
Just use builders. I don't know to much about CSS techniques.
Which is your preferred page builder?  I know few people who make use of the Divi a lot. I personally have used both Divi and Elementor. There are few others like visual composer but I find them pretty much buggy and it's not easy to be creative with them. 

mrki444

Sep 17, 2019
Which is your preferred page builder?  I know few people who make use of the Divi a lot. I personally have used both Divi and Elementor. There are few others like visual composer but I find them pretty much buggy and it's not easy to be creative with them. 
I really don't remember when did I last time change some design elements so I  also can't remember tools I did. I mostly choose fit design and just add content. Maybe it was Elementor.

Mace

Jul 30, 2019
I don't really like Visual Composer either, to be honest. I don't quite understand why it's so popular amongst WP developers. I did enjoy Divi, but it's a pain if you ever want to change to a theme NOT using Divi, because it leaves a shitload of shortcodes if you decide to get rid of your Divi theme. Elementor was fine for what it is, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cinderella

Oct 12, 2019
I know a little about Photoshop and WordPress. But when it comes to designing graphics, I would go for Canva. I usually create my blog graphics using this app. I also know how to use Picmonkey and Crello. 

Esmee

Popular Member
Dec 8, 2019
I am currently using the Canva tool. That tool is really useful when it comes to social media content editing. You can also use it for resume creation and lot of people also use it for the printables. I have noticed that they have lot of interesting templates and images which are worth using.