What feature must be on a forum?

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
What is the one feature that you absolutely have to have when you have your own forum? Is it quick replies? Enhanced quoting? Moderator tools?

For me, I think being able to sticky content is really important. It lets people see important info quickly.

subhjn

Community Member
I think one more option "Super Sticky" (See in some forums) is main feature because this post sticky before normal sticky post and have different color option also. So it would be best for rules and guidelines or another guidelines to post in category or advertisement etc. options.

s3_gunzel

That's Numberwang!
Nov 20, 2019
aspergers.network
I think one more option "Super Sticky" (See in some forums) is main feature because this post sticky before normal sticky post and have different color option also.
That’s generally referred to as an announcement. We never implemented that because a thread is either stuck or not. If you want it at the top, it’s best to just bump the thread.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
That’s generally referred to as an announcement. We never implemented that because a thread is either stuck or not. If you want it at the top, it’s best to just bump the thread.
I do like using the 'announcement' feature. It's useful if there is critical info that needs to always be at the top no matter what.

Azareal

May 24, 2020
The ability to show someone the door. A ban.

Alerts / New Content comes in a close second otherwise it is hard for me to know what is going on.

Spikey

Jul 22, 2020
For me it would be either quick reply or a sticky. When I'm a member on a forum I want to make posts quick.