Woltlab to MyBB conversion

Jason

Sep 15, 2019
Anyone had any luck in converting forum from Woltlab to MyBB? I used the Merge system from MyBB it didn't work.

skysnap

Sep 15, 2019
Are you backing out from the WoltLab? I wonder what made you want to revert back to mybb. From what I have heard there does not seem to be good migration script for woltlab for most free forums out there. But you may want to ask if any guy from theadminproject forums knows about this. 

Jason

Sep 15, 2019
Nothing specific, i just want to move to free forum script and sell the Woltlab license. I like the script but i love to run my fun project using MyBB. Thanks i will check with the forum.

Jason

Sep 15, 2019
There is no trouble, everything is good as of now. As i run the project for fun I thought i downgrade to free and get some money by selling the WoltLab license. I have a premium theme for MyBB and i like to make use of it

Ash

Jul 30, 2019
Did you manage to sort out the issue @Jason? I can have a look at it and try to convert your forum from WoltLab to MyBB if you want. I can do it for cheap, maybe around $5. Of course, if I can't sort out the issue and it doesn't work, you wouldn't have to pay.

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
There is no trouble, everything is good as of now. As i run the project for fun I thought i downgrade to free and get some money by selling the WoltLab license. I have a premium theme for MyBB and i like to make use of it
Oh okay. I thought you were having issues. If it’s more a woltlab vs mybb thread then it comes to personal preferences and I’d go for mybb since it’s open source and more community developed. 

Jason

Sep 15, 2019
Thanks for the offering your help, it would be great if you help me in converting the forum and i will pay you through PayPal. 

Just let me know what do you need

Jason

Sep 15, 2019
@Chase I think MyBB is good as it is open sourced and have many no of plugins in their store.

Note: My current board is Burning Board 5.1 and all the converters support till BB 4. I saw one method in Xenforo but you need a license to download and test it.

ARD

Community Member
May 31, 2020
@Chase I think MyBB is good as it is open sourced and have many no of plugins in their store.

Note: My current board is Burning Board 5.1 and all the converters support till BB 4. I saw one method in Xenforo but you need a license to download and test it.
There are nulled softwares to be found (only for test purposes, never use it for an active community!) where you can use the xenforo convertor without a license. That may be a possibility for you. ? 

Jason

Sep 15, 2019
What i meant is that, they have a file in Xenforo store which can be attained only if you are a customer. Normal users can't download the converter (user submitted converter) from the website. I don't want Xenforo nulled to test it.

Ash

Jul 30, 2019

Just to clarify, do you have WoltLab or Burning Board 5.1? Because the MyBB merge system as you said only supports until BB4 which is probably why you are having the issues. It will most likely require someone much more knowledgeable to help so I won't be able to help sadly ?

Jason

Sep 15, 2019
Sorry i was not clear in my original post. I am using BB 5 and every converter still supports BB4. Then i think I better live with the latest Burning Board as i there is no alternative. Thanks for the help