XPress?

Cameron.

Community Member
Nov 18, 2019
forumpromotion.net
For all of our XenForo forum owners out there, is anyone utilizing the XPress add-on? This is an amazing add-on that allows you to easily integrate your XenForo forum with a WordPress install. This add-on was created by a very reputable company known as ThemeHouse, which also went by "Audentio" back in the day. This company is especially well known for their premium U.IX style that is super popular. I am currently using the XPress add-on over at Forum Promotion, and I am a big fan of it.

Is anyone else using XPress out there?

Joshua Farrell

Nov 17, 2019
I'm currently not, as I wasn't planning on running a blog along with the forum. I know some people will get it, just to have the ability to give extra content to users to read and comment on.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Nov 6, 2019
forumer.io
Not for $300...no thank you. Unless one implements a blog and that blog is what is holding the forum up, I would invest in it. If it's not, there is no way I would invest $300.00 for an add-on. :p

Cameron.

Community Member
Nov 18, 2019
forumpromotion.net
Not for $300...no thank you. Unless one implements a blog and that blog is what is holding the forum up, I would invest in it. If it's not, there is no way I would invest $300.00 for an add-on. :p
It was $60 when it was first released. Then it went up to $80. Then to $100. Now it's at $300. ThemeHouse has gotten very bad at pricing out your everyday forum owners. Fortunately, renewals are just $60, so if you've already purchased a license, you're good.

• 1👍
Reactions: Thomasss

Cameron.

Community Member
Nov 18, 2019
forumpromotion.net
What a wonderful CPI increase. That's about a 500% increase.
Yeah, I used to think very highly of Audentio/ThemeHouse. They've been around for so many years now. Now that they've grown so much and turned into a legitimate company, they've become very disappointing. Pricing for all of their add-ons has gone up. Also, I purchased a custom style for FP from them like a year ago, and the situation was a nightmare. I basically had a support ticket open where I would be discussing with them while the development of the style was ongoing, but I'd always be talking to a different person each day. They have lots of different departments set up, and one would have little clue as to what is going on with the style... Yet they would pretend like they do. So, I'd have some random person reply with a major update from where he worked on the style that day, but it would be completely unlike what I had discussed with the other individuals of ThemeHouse... Like this person supposedly spent the day working on these updates, but he didn't read anything of the couple of pages of information being discussed in the support ticket. So, anything he did was all for nothing, as it was completely unlike what I was asking for.

It just seems like they're undergoing growing pains as an organization.

s3_gunzel

That's Numberwang!
Nov 20, 2019
aspergers.network
I'd always be talking to a different person each day.
I’d have cashed out at that point, or cut my losses and moved on.

People mock me for creating my own platform, but at the end of the day, I have complete control over everything. I don’t need to put up with this sort of crap.

TopSilver

Community Member
Apr 19, 2020
Yeah there was one that LPH made for Wordpress and was an alternative however I believe that one was discontinued. Someone could make quite a bit of money if they released an affordable add-on for it. I'm sure someone will find the idea a worthy one in the coming days with the pricing that themehouse has introduced. I like themehouse but they seem to be using their popularity to get the advantage.

Puppuccino

Whipped Cream
Apr 30, 2020
forumer.io
Yeah, I used to think very highly of Audentio/ThemeHouse. They've been around for so many years now. Now that they've grown so much and turned into a legitimate company, they've become very disappointing. Pricing for all of their add-ons has gone up. Also, I purchased a custom style for FP from them like a year ago, and the situation was a nightmare. I basically had a support ticket open where I would be discussing with them while the development of the style was ongoing, but I'd always be talking to a different person each day. They have lots of different departments set up, and one would have little clue as to what is going on with the style... Yet they would pretend like they do. So, I'd have some random person reply with a major update from where he worked on the style that day, but it would be completely unlike what I had discussed with the other individuals of ThemeHouse... Like this person supposedly spent the day working on these updates, but he didn't read anything of the couple of pages of information being discussed in the support ticket. So, anything he did was all for nothing, as it was completely unlike what I was asking for.

It just seems like they're undergoing growing pains as an organization.
WordPress is one of the easiest platforms to develop for, so paying $300 for integration into XenForo is just insane money.

I'd never pay that. I'd build the integration myself.